5. Kyle Tucker (L) RF
6. Aledmys Diaz (R) DH
7. Jeremy Pena (R) SS
8. Jake Meyers (R) CF
9. Martin Maldonado (R) C

Gametime Temp: 90°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

Is Cora waiting for some last minute addition to the team before he puts out a lineup?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 02, 2022, 05:26:56 PM
Is Cora waiting for some last minute addition to the team before he puts out a lineup?

No!!!!  He us waiting from orders from Bloom via Prune Face whether he can put better hitters Pham, Duren and Verdugo in his starting outfield or whether will be given orders to keep Bradley in the lineup or else.

Sea Dog 23

Devers is scheduled to play tonight.  Bloomer said Pham and McGuire are activated.  The speculation is for Refsnyder to go on IL (knee).  Cordero optioned to AAA or DFA this week.

longgame

Quote from: markj on August 02, 2022, 05:26:56 PM

Finally posted.  Pham in LF, Verdugo in RF, so I'm not sure that helps the defense too much.  Devers back so that helps.  Sox can win a series tonight.

markj

Vaz got a nice round of applause when he came in to PH. Lots of Sox fans there.

markj

How is it that this team can take a series against a team like Houston and can't win in the ALE for anything?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 02, 2022, 06:30:53 PM
Devers is scheduled to play tonight.  Bloomer said Pham and McGuire are activated.  The speculation is for Refsnyder to go on IL (knee).  Cordero optioned to AAA or DFA this week.

Hopefully DFA'd and claimed by someone, unlike last season when no one claimed him when he was DFA'd by the Sox.  Apparently our team didn't take that to heart that the guy was a terrible all around player.  Now we play that game again.  If he is not claimed when DFA'd JUST RELEASE THE GUY!!!!!!

OTOH comrades, we have now won three in a row and have taken a series from arguably one of the two best teams in the American League.  I will say no more.

MongoLikeSox

I'm not sure why, but I was surprised to see Plawecki ignore Dalbec's call for that popup in the 6th. I'm glad it didn't cost us anything more than a few extra pitches.

That curve(slurve?) of Cutter's has been a difference maker. Last night, it seemed like it got used more often or at least effectively as the game went on. It fooled Alvarez, Bregman and Altuve in impressive fashion. Always good for the soul to see the latter two whine and/or look silly.  thumb_u

By my count, 3 of Crawford's 7 hits allowed were shift beaters. I may have missed some. The Red Sox should seriously reconsider their approach to the shift. There's such a thing as making the hole look too massive to resist and paying the price for it. We've been beat in big spots because of it.

Sea Dog 23

Two takeaways from Tuesday's game.  Kutter has matured as a pitcher Sox can count on going forward and into 2023, when Sox have to find at least two more SP's.  And another, Devers has to be extended based on his demands, Boston cannot dictate the package or they lose him.  I think Bogey is gone, because Boras.

After yesterday's MLB shopping bonanza the Sox got further behind the AL contenders Yanks, Astros, even Twins. Not sure who will be ready from AA and AAA next two years.  Sox did not get under the CBT tax again, so the normal compensation, QO's etc get trickier. 

longgame

Undefeated in August!  Crawford has looked good.  You just never know who clicks at the MLB level and who doesn't.  Let's hope Winchowski can figure things out too as he seems to have the problem of getting blown up one inning.  Even the pen did it's job. 

All of a sudden the Sox have a lane to the postseason as long as that lane goes through Houston.  Funny how the Sox can't beat the Yankees, but the Yankees can't beat the Astros yet the Sox can.  Strange season in a strange sport. 

All that hype aside, the Sox do stand to get better if they can get the remaining guys back healthy.  I don't think it's enough to do much, but I'm glad they didn't blow up the team either.