GAME #104 - MONDAY, AUGUST 1, 2022 - BOSTON RED SOX @ HOUSTON ASTROS

Started by markj, August 01, 2022, 08:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

Reese McGuire really.  He brings a whole new meaning to getting exposed.  Bloom is a freaking idiot.

Sea Dog 23

The trades look like a big salary dump.  Boston even got Chicago to pay all of Diekman's $8mil salary. 

elktonnick

markj

What a shitty way to dump that news on Vaz. He was clearly upset. Bloom is jackass.

longgame

Bloom goes for low batting averages and low character. 

Meanwhile the Sox give up 2 errors and they both score.

MongoLikeSox

Geez, the kids the dips**t got for Vasquez actually look good on paper. Adds to our roster crisis, but they look good.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=abreu-002wil
78 walks in 89 games? In this day and age?

it gets better, I think. Check this out.
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=valdez000enm
Slouch dropped 30 points getting called up to AAA. Whadda bum. Oh, and on the year - .327, 21 HRs, 77RBI. in 82 games. I ain't making this up.

Still, there's no forgiving getting Tommy Pham. I don't care how decent a bat he has. That said, I don't know him personally and have to hope that his bouncing around is because all of his charitable contributions of time and love to society are a distraction to the team.   thumb_u 

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: markj on August 01, 2022, 08:07:32 PM
What a shitty way to dump that news on Vaz. He was clearly upset. Bloom is jackass.
Now hear this!!! Signing a VERY team friendly deal means nothing to the Boston organization.

He has every right to be upset.

longgame

I was just looking them up too Mongo.  Valdez was their 29th prospect and appears to have some pretty good upside.   but Abreu is a dump from them. That’s a crazy stat on the walks though. 

I wonder if they think that Hernandez isn’t coming back this year and need to at least have a professional in the OF?

markj

markj

Out of it anyway. Very surprising win. Even more surprising is the source of the offense. Dalbec and Duran? Who'da thunk it?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 01, 2022, 10:15:52 PM
Out of it anyway. Very surprising win. Even more surprising is the source of the offense. Dalbec and Duran? Who'da thunk it?

markj, today was my 52nd Anniversary with my wife Linda and to get a win over the Astros might be somewhat of a present.  Who really knows.  All I do know is that Bloom is a moron.  He is collecting prospects but let me tell you he is such a shitty judge of talent that he and the front office will pick the wrong ones to advance while our better ones will be traded for trash and become All Stars---UNLESS BLOOM IS FIRED AFTER THIS SEASON IS OVER. Calling Bloom a moron is actually a compliment to him; he is really an idiot.

markj

Happy Anniversary to you and Linda, Fred! 52 years! Wow!  thumb_u

orwell

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 01, 2022, 10:47:18 PM
Quote from: markj on August 01, 2022, 10:15:52 PM

markj, today was my 52nd Anniversary with my wife Linda and to get a win over the Astros might be somewhat of a present.  Who really knows.  All I do know is that Bloom is a moron.  He is collecting prospects but let me tell you he is such a shitty judge of talent that he and the front office will pick the wrong ones to advance while our better ones will be traded for trash and become All Stars---UNLESS BLOOM IS FIRED AFTER THIS SEASON IS OVER. Calling Bloom a moron is actually a compliment to him; he is really an idiot.
Happy anniversary to you two beauties! From the family'
Long may you run ..