5. Kyle Tucker (L) RF
6. Aledmys Diaz (R) LF
7. Jeremy Pena (R) SS
8. Jake Meyers (R) CF
9. Martin Maldonado (R) C

Gametime Temp: 89°F
Chance of Precip: 5%

markj

Houston is doing almost as well as the Yankees this season. Can't see the Sox taking this series. They'll be lucky to avoid a sweep.

MongoLikeSox

Has anyone else thought that Eovaldi's a goner by the 4th inning if he comes out slinging 97MPH? I know he's not been perfect or healthy enough, but I've enjoyed watching him in his time with the Sox.

Quote from: markj on August 01, 2022, 08:07:58 AM
Houston is doing almost as well as the Yankees this season. Can't see the Sox taking this series. They'll be lucky to avoid a sweep.
That's not all we might lost to the Astros this week. Vasquez is on their radar according to Ken Rosenthal. bah!

Here's to hoping we can sweep them like the A's did last week.   thumb_u

Sea Dog 23

Not  only Vaz. It’s looking more and more like JDM will be a throwaway to the Mets, and return will be 1B Dominic Smith.  MGT. wants to get under the CBT tax so bad that JDM is simply fodder. The fuzzy math, Sox are $23mil over CBT,  JDM is worth $19, Vaz is $9 and Smith is $4m. The fans will understand, yeah right.

longgame

Eovaldi will be watched tonight by a lot of teams too.

With any luck Bloom doesn't get badly fleeced on too many deals.  I would think guys would be lining up to deal with him.  Bloom said he wouldn't give up JDM for less than a major league player and top prospects. This is your reminder that Verdugo, Downs and Wong were the major leaguer and top prospects we got for Mookie. 

MongoLikeSox

Yeah, so now we'll have a three headed dud at 1b?

Speir called him a decent defender, IIRC. A Mets writer called him something else. Not as bad as "liability", IIRC, but it wasn't positive in the least.

I thought we were floating around the CBT threshold? I had no idea we were that far over, or even over at all.  iono

Sea Dog 23

Houston traded with O’s for Trey Mancini, part of a three team deal with Tampa. Rays get OF Jose Siri from Houston.

MongoLikeSox

Sea Dog 23

Looks like Vaz is moving on.  Astros are said to be ‘finalizing the deal.” Pawlecki wins out I guess.

Sea Dog 23

Boston is doing a deal with Cinci for OF Tommy Pham. Interesting.  He can DH, don't think he's anything beyond a n average fielding OF.  Both Pham and Verdugo are LF.  Somebody is changing over.

.238 avg., 694 OPS,  11 HR, 38 rbi's. 

markj

I liked Vaz. Yeah, he made some base running errors, but he was always gung-ho about the game and always seemed to give his best. I hope the trade proves valuable.

longgame

Good moves by the Astros with Vaz and Trey Mancini.  Not sure what we get in return.  Also don’t know what question Pham answers, unless we’re just trying to stock up on weak hitting OFs.

longgame

Vaz was in the middle of BP when he was told he was traded to the home dugout.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on August 01, 2022, 06:05:53 PM
Good moves by the Astros with Vaz and Trey Mancini.  Not sure what we get in return.  Also don’t know what question Pham answers, unless we’re just trying to stock up on weak hitting OFs.

We get two prospects for Vaz.  Not named yet.

Sea Dog 23

We got a catcher,  Reece McGuire from ChiSox in exchange for Jake  Diekman.  Not sure how that justifies the Vaz trade, unless Bloom is stocking prospects..