5. Kolten Wong (L) 2B
6. Hunter Renfroe (R) RF
7. Luis Urias (R) 3B
8. Omar Narvaez (L) C
9. Tyrone Taylor (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 83°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

Argh. 1st and 3rd with 1 out and of course they screw it up with a GIDP.

Sea Dog 23

Well we’ll, Renfroe reminds us once again how valuable JBJ is. He has more homers this year than Bogey and  JD combined. Karma.

markj

MongoLikeSox

Nice to see a W. I hope it's not too late. Yeah, I know.

Just some poking around the minors box scores. Interesting absences with the deadline looming. Both of our AAA catchers were absent. Wong and Hernandez. One of the catchers in Portland got PH for late in the game.

On the more fun side of things, Casas went deep again, and Hamilton (SS-Portland) got 2 stolen bases to go up to 49 on the year. Mata kind of recovered after bombing out two starts. 6IP, 3 runs, 3 hits, 1BB and 7Ks.

Sea Dog 23

Mongo, a blurb came out that Ronaldo Hernandez will travel with Sox to Houston(as a member of the taxi squad). Cotillo said it will cover anything involving possible trades (for Vaz).

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 31, 2022, 04:52:37 PM
Mongo, a blurb came out that Ronaldo Hernandez will travel with Sox to Houston(as a member of the taxi squad). Cotillo said it will cover anything involving possible trades (for Vaz).
Well, if it happens, he's been steady or better for two months now. Could see DH time, too, and is already on the 40-man.

SeaBeachFred

They showed some life today and rallied to win a game, very much unlike them the past month or so.  Still I kept my promise to myself and didn't watch any of the game except for one inning.  Believe it or not it was the fifth.  I tuned in to see their shortstop get caught trying to get a jump and was thrown out by the pitcher to second.  Then I saw what I couldn't believe, fur doubles, a big five run inning.  Still, I still changed channels.  Not that I am above any of my friends here because I am most certainly not, but I had to keep my promise to myself and not look like a phony and suggest what Red Sox fans should do while I did the opposite.  My wife came back from the super market and told me the team had won.  I was too numb from recent failures  to illicit any response.  This is a shit show we have and I want Cora, Bloom and half the garbage on our team gone after this season.  I didn't go to Boston this year and unless there are massive changes I will not fly there next season, waste good money to see another crappy team.

longgame

I had a weird dream yesterday afternoon.  It started off normally off, with the Red Sox getting men into scoring position with none out and leaving them there, and then the strangest thing happened - they did it again only this time drove in runs!  With doubles!  I kept waiting to wake up, but in the end in my dream, the Sox played like a professional ballclub and won a game!

MongoLikeSox

Refsnyder's absence ended up being a possible knee injury. doh!!!

Fred, they finally tried XB in the #2 spot. Little too late, of course, but it did work for at least one game.

I wish someone had gotten a hit or something to give JDM one last at-bat before a possible trade.

longgame, that dream world happened and entered the rhelm of the surreal. Seeing Vasquez ear to ear grin after his was almost bittersweet.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 01, 2022, 09:32:37 AM

Fred, they finally tried XB in the #2 spot. Little too late, of course, but it did work for at least one game.

I wish someone had gotten a hit or something to give JDM one last at-bat before a possible trade.

longgame, that dream world happened and entered the rhelm of the surreal. Seeing Vasquez ear to ear grin after his was almost bittersweet.

Refsnyder has been a nice surprise for us; hope he can get back in trim soon.  As for XB, second has always seemed to be his best spot from where I sit.  He gets a lot of hits and has a decent on base percentage, but he does NOT drive in runs at a normal pace, often going a week or so without coming close.  Maybe the Sox see something in the guy that makes them believe he is a middle of the order hitter.  He is sometimes but never n ever late in the game.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 01, 2022, 10:39:52 PM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 01, 2022, 09:32:37 AM

Refsnyder has been a nice surprise for us; hope he can get back in trim soon.  As for XB, second has always seemed to be his best spot from where I sit.  He gets a lot of hits and has a decent on base percentage, but he does NOT drive in runs at a normal pace, often going a week or so without coming close.  Maybe the Sox see something in the guy that makes them believe he is a middle of the order hitter.  He is sometimes but never n ever late in the game.
The irony is that he didn't want to be middle of the order to begin with. That was a long time ago when Farrell forced the issue.