5. Kolten Wong (L) 2B
6. Hunter Renfroe (R) RF
7. Luis Urias (R) 3B
8. Omar Narvaez (L) C
9. Tyrone Taylor (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 82°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

MongoLikeSox

It was only a matter of time that Duran's lack of sliding would bite us.  thumb_d I will never understand that one. That kid is night and day. It's been a lot of night lately. Playing scared? This isn't what I saw on MiLB-TV earlier this year when him, Refsnyder and Fitzgerald were running their butts off, controlling the games at the top of the order.   

That pick-off was the first thing I saw when turning on the game.

Interesting lineup. No Refsnyder. I've seen his name mentioned in at least one trade article for teams needing help. Makes you wonder.

And it's high time the baseball deities leave our pitchers alone. 4th or 5th one in the past couple of weeks.

Sea Dog 23

You could say the B team is on the field today. But I think this is the C team. Sox got a run from J. Davis knocking in Arroyo.  Pivetta is living on borrowed time,in trouble every inning. It’s still 2-1.

markj

elktonnick

Does anyone think that Verdugo plays a decent left field.  I don't!

longgame

So many ways to lose a ballgame and these guys have them mastered.  Bad defense, check.  Can’t bring guys home.  Yep.  Lousy pitching. You betcha.  Getting picked off because you want a clean uni?  Bingo. 

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: elktonnick on July 30, 2022, 06:44:55 PM
Does anyone think that Verdugo plays a decent left field.  I don't!
He was earlier in the year, but it has been awful the past week or so. Now I don't know what to think.

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on July 30, 2022, 06:52:58 PM
So many ways to lose a ballgame and these guys have them mastered.  Bad defense, check.  Can’t bring guys home.  Yep.  Lousy pitching. You betcha.  Getting picked off because you want a clean uni?  Bingo.

Re Duran he seems clueless out there.

SeaBeachFred

It is such a drag to look at what's become of what was a very surprising team last season.  This will be their fifth last place finish in the last 11 years, a pathetic and disgusting indictment of the whole organization from owner Prune Face down to that moron Bloomer and further down to Cora, the Mark of Cain firmly implanted on his psyche with some of the worst decision making I have seen in years.   Then again, we have a total Shit Show going on so there is plenty of blame to go around, but I wonder if the crowds are going to keep flooding the place and j ust when they are going to say enough and simply boycott this miserable team.  There must be a total housecleaning this off season and I have made a list of guys who need to be elsewhere next season because the Red Sox cannot exist as a credible team with them........Cordero, Bradley, Sanchez, Downs, Brasier, Sawamura j ust to name my first six.  For the young players I have already had a belly full of Bello who hasn't pitched worth a shit since they brought him up.  Winchchowski, Seabold and others will added to the list.  By all means we cannot bring back Chaim Bloom.  His trades and moves have made a laughing stock out of the team and we will never clear up the dirt in our midst if Cora is allowed to return.  Back up the truck and let's haul away the garbage

MongoLikeSox

Should be an interesting couple of days.

There was a comment yesterday from Mazzeroti that he thought the team had checked out. I have a hard time with that analogy. I see a team that has gone to stressed out and beyond. They have good reasons to be stressed.

Nothing to say that has not been already.