GAME #101 - FRIDAY, JULY 29, 2022 - MILWAUKEE BREWERS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 29, 2022, 08:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

There's a lot of holes everywhere in this organization.

Last night: Refsnyder, Davis and Sanchez striking out the way they did to end the game was pathetic. Vladdy Guerrero can beat us by punching balls into the holes, but we can't get our bottom feeling emergency bottom feeders to give us professional at bats? And we play station to station baseball with speed on the bases? WTH? Vasquez and Verdugo almost cost themselves a run earlier. Duggie extended his hit into a double, but vasquez slowed down a bit until he looked out and saw Duggie running. If the worst had happened there, that might have been grounds for Cora's job.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on July 29, 2022, 08:48:56 PM
It sounds like from Speier that they’ll move JDM and get nothing for him an do some bottom feeding.
I've been thinking about what you wrote. We are really bad at this trade game under Bloom. Then I thought of all the failures surrounding Benny and his time in Boston and cam up with this.

The Royals traded Benny as a two month rental. They got 3 prospects, 2 of them top-25 types.

The Red Sox traded Renfroe with 2 years of control AND $6.5M payroll help and for pair of top 20 prospects and JBJ (a plus defender/bottom 5% hitter).

The Royals might have gotten more for Benny than they gave us to get him. Won't know for a few years until it all pans out. Granted, Benny was damaged goods at the time and needed a new home. Still...   

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 30, 2022, 10:34:50 AM
Quote from: longgame on July 29, 2022, 08:48:56 PM
It sounds like from Speier that they’ll move JDM and get nothing for him an do some bottom feeding.
I've been thinking about what you wrote. We are really bad at this trade game under Bloom. Then I thought of all the failures surrounding Benny and his time in Boston and cam up with this.

The Royals traded Benny as a two month rental. They got 3 prospects, 2 of them top-25 types.

The Red Sox traded Renfroe with 2 years of control AND $6.5M payroll help and for pair of top 20 prospects and JBJ (a plus defender/bottom 5% hitter).

The Royals might have gotten more for Benny than they gave us to get him. Won't know for a few years until it all pans out. Granted, Benny was damaged goods at the time and needed a new home. Still...

The scary part of this is Bloom never has done a Boston deal over$23mil (Story). That would nix an extension of Bogey and Devers who are in the $30mil++ market.  We are giving him $70mil this off season, more w/o Bogey here, to do what? We are Tampa Bay North.  He is walking a short plank.