5. Teoscar Hernandez (R) RF
6. Lourdes Gurriel Jr. (R) LF
7. Matt Chapman (R) 3B
8. Santiago Espinal (R) 2B
9. Cavan Biggio (L) 1B

Gametime Temp: 91°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

markj

Hot and humid there today. Although that affects both teams, so no excuse.

longgame

All Star vs a rookie, what could go wrong?  Maybe the Jays will be tired from swinging bats and running the bases.

BTW, I read this morning that the Fenway people actually went ahead and played Sweet Caroline for the Jays fans and drunks left at the ballpark at that point.  This team doesn’t understand their customers very well.

longgame

I know JDM was out yesterday.  I have no idea why Devers is out today.  Both of them better be close to dead, because the team is on life support and can't give the two best hitters the day off after they've been giving up 55 runs in 3 games. 

I'll look up what they say about Devers.

longgame

Devers with a hammy, could go on DL.  I don't know what JDM's problem is.  I think when you make millions to play a game, you put your big boy pants on and get it done. 

markj

longgame

I've been trying to find stats on games player per year and injury days per year per player.  Seems like ever since the trend of the last few years of resting players a day out of every 5 or so means not only fewer days you have those guys on the field but more instances of injury.  They coddle these guys, pay them more than ever and then wonder why nobody plays with a hangnail.  In the past you'd risk getting Wally Pipped.  Now you can be a AAA CF and just watch a ball bounce around in the OF and you lead off the next day.  As you can tell I am furious with this team and how they are managed from the top all the way down to the coaches.   It just feels very much like the chicken and beer season where nobody cares and is just dying to take the day off.

Sea Dog 23

It says Martinez is still suffering a back sprain.  The Sox can get the MASH unit award instead of AL champ.

longgame

I'd take JD with a sore back over Franchy.   I compare this to my hiking.  If I hike up a good sized peak and get sore before I get to the top, I keep going.  When I broke my leg 5 miles from my car, I hiked back to my car and drove to the ER.  JD gets a sore back and can't play while his team is in free fall.  Meanwhile Devers develops a hammy problem seemingly overnight instead of shutting him down last week and not going to the All Star Game where he apparently was fine?  He may go to the IL instead of resting during the All Star Break.  Nobody should be injured after a 4 day break unless they already were going in. 

longgame

A lot of very underwhelming at bats today and yes I mean you Franchy.  Duran hasn’t made a case for making amends for last night.  Why should he?  AAA player watches ball roll around and then starts the next day.  Now the Sox look to give up another run just to keep the runs scored ration higher.  It’s tough when you have 3 major leaguers in the lineup and now Bogey gets drilled in the hand too,

longgame

I knew I could count on them.  Keep that ratio at at least 4 to 1 in runs scored.  Maybe they can manage one more.

longgame

At least they waited until late to start throwing the ball around.

elktonnick

What else can one expect from a starting lineup of only 3 bona-fide  major leaguers