4. Giancarlo Stanton (R) DH
5. Josh Donaldson (R) 3B
6. Matt Carpenter (L) RF
7. Aaron Hicks (S) LF
8. Isiah Kiner-Falefa (R) SS
9. Jose Trevino (R) C

Gametime Temp: 78°F
Chance of Precip: 5%

Franchy is a disaster on first base, a cruddy defensive player anyway you look at it.  I know Dalbec hits RH but if you guys will check it out, his homer last night saved a chance for us to win in extra innings.  If he doesn't hit it earlier we lose.  And if you remember as I do in the opening three game series with the Yankees back in April we lost the first two games and won the  third.  How?  Dalbec's homer.  As mediocre as he has been he has at least hit seven home runs and driven in about 30.  What the hell has Bradley done?  He is as shitty a hitter now as he was in 2014, may be worse and yet he is always in that lineup, sometimes even facing a l efty.  And Franchy has struck out eight times in a row over the last three games.  If he hits we might be ok, but if not we have a three man hole at the last third of our lineup.  Downs looks overmatched as well.  I just hope we get the pitching and the first six men in the order do their jobs, and Pivetta needs to pitch a very solid game so we can win tonight and take the series.  The Yanks will be out for revenge and we must not let them get at our expense.  The team must pull together and play smart competitive baseball, and if we do we can win the game.

longgame

Amazing to see Pivetta go from bad in April to very good in May and June and back to April form now.

longgame

Carpenter owns the Sox with his second 3 run homer of the night.

Welcome back Darwinzon.

markj

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 16, 2022, 07:57:27 PM
Ah, I see Darwinzon is his same old self.

I referred to him as garbage either here or on Red Forums.  Guess we were all right on that.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 16, 2022, 08:24:55 PM
Geez, this is embarrassing. And it's nowhere near over yet.

What can you do markj?  At least we can't second guess what Cora could or couldn't have done since we got our asses handed to us today. Once again though I have to throw some well deserved horse shit at that rotten Jackie Bradley?  Why the hell is he still on the team, let alone in the lineup.  We finally got rid of him after 2020 but like a fungus he came back this year  to show just how shitty he is  At best he is a defensive replacement and I'm going to hammer this point until with the grace of the gods of fortune we'll rid the team of his worthless carcass.  As for French Fry, he needs to go  too.  He can't even make contact with a ball, and Downs is down to 136 and is showing the ineptitude that he has shown in the minors with his subpar 220 type hitting.  And this is partly what we got for Betts?  Aside from Verdugo who I think is a damn good ballplayer full of fire and enthusiasm Downs is a dud who can only run.  He's also a turd with the bat. Put Dalbec back in tomorrow.  At least he has seven homers and has had some luck against the Yankees.  BradSHIT has had none against anybody and French Fry is a waste of a good roster space even though he is one of Bloom's boys who got in a trade for Benintendi.  Some trade eh?  Well Sale pitches tomorrow and Whitlock will be in the pen.  If we can scrape five or so runs  together we could still win this series-------or have I been sniffing something bad for me?

Sea Dog 23

I could see Bloom getting fired this year.  No, it won't happen, they,'ll pick Cora as the fall guy.  But Bloom has screwed around with the Beni and Renfroe- JBJ trades.  Waited too long to sign what was left of quality  FA's last off season.  Did not fix 1B and corner OF.. Then insulted Bogey and Devers with extension deals.  Now he'll give those two away in trades or let them walk.  Tne Mets or Yanks wouldnt put up with all that crap, but he is our boy wonder.

MongoLikeSox

I reached for the remote after the second 3-run HR.

We'll see what happens in the up coming 2 weeks. The next two weeks will loom large when it comes to determining Bloom's tenure. A big sign to his bosses will be to admit mistakes by way of cutting the cord on the Bloom move Failure poster-boy.

Cora as scapegoat? It could happen. He's certainly done his damage on a few fronts.

Oh well, one more game before break and then almost two weeks of non-stop trade deadline talk. The sad reality is that we have so fewer chips than we had a month ago. We were in a unique position to be sellers and buyers in the mold of Cashman's big 2017(IIRC) "rebuild" haul.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 17, 2022, 11:27:07 AM
I reached for the remote after the second 3-run HR.

We'll see what happens in the up coming 2 weeks. The next two weeks will loom large when it comes to determining Bloom's tenure. A big sign to his bosses will be to admit mistakes by way of cutting the cord on the Bloom move Failure poster-boy.

Cora as scapegoat? It could happen. He's certainly done his damage on a few fronts.

Oh well, one more game before break and then almost two weeks of non-stop trade deadline talk. The sad reality is that we have so fewer chips than we had a month ago. We were in a unique position to be sellers and buyers in the mold of Cashman's big 2017(IIRC) "rebuild" haul.

Rebuild and get rid of the shit like Bradley, Barnes, Cordero, Valdez, Brasier and a few others and bring up some of the kids.  We're done anyway and at least we can see if any even project the possibility of helping us next year or the year after.  The aforementioned are as useless as a scab on a bird's ass.