GAME #81 - TUESDAY, JULY 5, 2022 - TAMPA BAY RAYS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 05, 2022, 06:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Down 5 runs and raining. Good a time as any to bring in Robles.

elktonnick

The question isn't if Robles is the worst reliever on the Red Sox roster but rather is Robles the worst in the league.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: elktonnick on July 05, 2022, 08:50:22 PM
The question isn't if Robles is the worst reliever on the Red Sox roster but rather is Robles the worst in the league.
Are we including position players lobbing in euphus balls? Probably doesn't change the answer, come to think of it.

this game sucks.

markj

Sox now 5-5 for their last 10. .500 baseball ain't gonna cut it in the ALE.

MongoLikeSox

Man, this pressing for the big shot leaves them wide open for selling out. Get some RISP and they become JBJ or Trevor Story.  This game was a gift that nobody wanted for the first 5 innings.

longgame

Terrible game all around.  I don't know if they just get tight in these games or what, but it's hard to watch when they get like this.  I stayed with it until Robles came in and then decided if they don't care, why should I.  I don't get why Robles remains in MLB. 

Elk you are so right about the O'Brien kiss of death. 

Sea Dog 23

Ive lost track.  Just read that Wacha was scratched from the Monday game, "heavy arm".  They think he'll pitch Friday vs NY.  We still have Pivetta unless he got scorched and burns by the Rays.  Cutter and the kids are ready!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on July 05, 2022, 04:28:51 PM
Why does Cora insist on "resting" two starters at a time.  It seems to me having a rotation would be possible of only having one starter out at a time.  Are either Verdugo or Devers injured ?

Because Alex Cora IS THE SMARTEST MAN IN THE ROOM AND KNOWS BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE WHAT IS BEST.   Thought you knew that my friend.  I just think the FRC is slowly building a fire that will consume him in Boston.  He hasn't been the same since his disastrous Spring Training debacle in 2019.  I will give him credit that many of the players like him very much but it has to become evident to the higher ups that we will never win anything again until this baseball "genius."

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 05, 2022, 08:46:52 PM
The Sox have given up - Robles is in.

CRAP - the game changed in the bottom of the 5th inning -
Rob Refsnyder should have been sent home.Score could have
been 4 - 3.  Sox couldn't score
  with men on 2nd & 3rd . . .

Rays score 4 runs in the 6th inning . . .
NOW another run in the 7th inning . . .
Rays 8 - Sox 3

CRAP . . .

Yes he should have been sent home.  Too many times our third base coach has held a runner on third with less than two outs thinking big innings and almost without a doubt we wound up not scoring any runs at all.  Fortunately I turn the channel (TBS) after this stupid move and knew we were probably not going to do much anymore.  Between the coaching staff and the players both groups play into the hands of the other and the result is a team that just can't seem to keep the line moving.  Face it we are a mediocre team heading towards shitty pretty quickly unless both groups get their collective heads out of their collective asses.  It is very hard to watch this team much of the time.