5. Isaac Paredes (R) 2B
6. Josh Lowe (L) RF
7. Randy Arozarena (R) LF
8. Francisco Mejia (S) C
9. Brett Phillips (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 78°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

Bases loaded with 2 outs is not the time you want Dalbec at the plate.

markj

Yet another error throwing to 1B. If I were Cora, I'd spend the next off day making everyone throw 50 times to 1B from various parts of the infield. Drive home the message.

Sea Dog 23

Really good pitching from Davis and Crawford today, only two hits. The Rays were getting 5 to 7 runs up in Toronto. Knock on wood.

MongoLikeSox

When did Crawford start throwing a curve? He's brutal with that added to the arsenal.

markj

Totally unexpected win. And a shutout at that. Go figure.

Sea Dog 23

Reports today Hill has "torn ligaments" in knee, out 2-4 weeks.  That must be strained for only 2-4.

theres a report out tonight they're promoting Brayan Bello to pitch the Wednesday game. Good that Winkowski, Seabold and Crawford showed they can pitch OK in the last three days until Hill, Sale and Nathan mend.

SeaBeachFred

So far on the beginning of this July brutal schedule we started off against a good team in our division with solid pitching in a 4-0 win.  No, I am still not sold on this team and certainly not on Cora or Bloom or Henry, but today was better than a loss.  Cutter Crawford finally looked like a real pitcher and Schreiber might challenge for closer or eighth inning set-up man, and we haven't seen Robles in either of our last two wins.  Let's hope that Alex Cora has finally got it into his head that Hansel should not be pitching in key situations but I still think he will try to test his luck with him a few more times unless Bloom sends him down or DFA's him or, better yet, release him, to take that itch to pitch him in key situations out of Cora's palsied hands.  I'm hoping we can no go back on a winning run because we need that to stay in the WC race.  The division title is out of the question.

markj

MongoLikeSox

I could not believe they had Robles warming in the bottom of the 8th. I can't wait to read that explanation. I'm glad Schreiber went back out for the 9th.

Bello might get in some trouble with his command. similar to when he went from AA to AAA. I've not seen a bit of his last 2-3 outings, but the last I saw was akin to things like Houck did recently when he left a couple of Sinkers up. Nasty other than that. Last outing was 4 walks in 5.2 innings. 72K's in 51IP in AA.

Remember, it took Winckoswki and Seabold(this year) an inning or two into their 2nd big leage starts to start throwing their normal game. Both of them missed location big time. Difference here is that Bello's nasty. I'm looking forward to it.

I hope Pivetta does well tonight.

longgame

Nice win shutting down Tampa Bay's bats.  Would still like to see some more life out of the offense which appears to be on vacation. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 05, 2022, 06:21:14 AM
I could not believe they had Robles warming in the bottom of the 8th. I can't wait to read that explanation. I'm glad Schreiber went back out for the 9th.

Bello might get in some trouble with his command. similar to when he went from AA to AAA. I've not seen a bit of his last 2-3 outings, but the last I saw was akin to things like Houck did recently when he left a couple of Sinkers up. Nasty other than that. Last outing was 4 walks in 5.2 innings. 72K's in 51IP in AA.

Remember, it took Winckoswki and Seabold(this year) an inning or two into their 2nd big leage starts to start throwing their normal game. Both of them missed location big time. Difference here is that Bello's nasty. I'm looking forward to it.

I hope Pivetta does well tonight.

You do NOT need any explanation for Robles warming up in the bullpen yesterday.  You only have to believe me when I say that Cora loves the gu y and is determined to show everyone that he is the smartest man in the room.  He will keep that itch to use that bum in tight situations until that temptation is taken away  from him.  I have a better question I would like answered.  WHY THE HELL IS THAT CRAPHOLE STILL WITH THE TEAM?  He should have been DFA'd or released before this week.