5. Max Stassi (R) C
6. Brandon Marsh (L) LF
7. Luis Rengifo (S) 2B
8. Jo Adell (R) RF
9. Andrew Velazquez (S) SS

Gametime Temp: 72°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

A few vibes today, per PeterAbraham, that Bloom is inquiring about reliever David Robertson of the Cubs.  And Bloom lies former Yankees.

markj

BoSoxFanNY

OMG!
RED SOX are one game over .500 - small victory!

Wacha pitches a complete game shutout!

WOW!

MongoLikeSox

I missed 8 out of 9 innings. I did catch Wacha's 9th inning. He was going strong. I have to assume this was all game with only 3 hits allowed. Good for him. I would like to thank Mike Trout for lobbing the ball into 2nd base, allowing Verdugo to score with ease. That was all that was needed, too. Nice!

Everything before and after Vasquez's hit and JBJ's ground out up to the bottom of the ninth inning was me in slumber land. That's bad, even for me. I usually get to the 6th-7th inning on these West Coast night games.  sigh

longgame

I watched most of the game.  Then decided to watch the last few innings in bed, but fortunately woke up to see Wacha taking the mound in the 9th and then barely hung on to register that they won!  Would have liked to see them bring a little more offense but a win is a win.  Let's keep it rolling.

Third complete game for the Sox, I don't believe any other team has more than 1.

SeaBeachFred

I recorded the game so I could see it if I got tired and needed to hit the rack.  I loved seeing Wacha go through the ninth inning like a tornado---one two three with two of the outs coming on one pitch apiece.  I hope the team can now keep the energy and continue to play better ball than they did a week ago.  The Angels are in a bind but we m ust not allow them to start getting well at our expense as some teams have done to us this season.  Enough of that.