5. Yuli Gurriel (R) 1B
6. Kyle Tucker (L) RF
7. Chas McCormick (R) CF
8. Jason Castro (L) C
9. Mauricio Dubon (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 65°F
Chance of Precip: 22%

Sea Dog 23

The Sox are starting to hit.  It could be effects of warmer weather of late. Also saw an interview with last years hitting coach Tim Hyers.(now at Ranges).  I tend to think the transition of new coaches, Fatse et al, has been a learning curve for everybod involved.

On that subject the first team to fire their hitting coach  was the Royals, guy by the name of Terry Bradshaw.  No, not that guy!  Royals hitting a cool .224.  For reference the Sox are at .235 and Astros .229.

markj

Sox have bases juiced and one out. Now's the time to grab a run. But they'll probably GIDP.

markj

Got a run on a weird missed catch. JDM had to hold at 2B and got forced out, but at least they got a a run.

markj

BoSoxFanNY

Will wonders never cease.
RED SOX BEAT the Astros 6 - 3.

Rain delay.

BATS came alive in the bottom of the 8th inning.

AND Hansel Robles actually saved the game with minor drama.

markj

A surprising win after a long rain delay. Half game out of the basement now.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 16, 2022, 11:01:34 PM
A surprising win after a long rain delay. Half game out of the basement now.

Bogaerts hit that two run job in the eighth and when I saw it go over the Green Monster I breathed easy for a change because not even Robles could blow a three run lead after such a dramatic comeback.  Before that I was cussing Cora because he was ready to put Robles in with a one run lead, some he should never do.  Now to we lose the next two games as has been our habit or do we win another series which has not been our habit this season.  Still it turned out right for us tonight and we should all be pleased. On to tomorrow.

MongoLikeSox

I always cringe when a LF'er does one of those late slides to the left field stands wall. Verdugo getting up hobbling was not good, but hopefully nothing felt for too long.

I can see the plight of the moment that Cora has. Getting his big three bullpen guys going, I mean. Tough without mop-up games. That said, I think the time for Barnes to get into late inning, close game situation needs to stop for a short period of time. A new approach is needed.

On Braiser, there was an interesting he said-he said the other day in Texas. Ryan said he thought he made good pitches that got hit. Cora's response was something akin to, 'Well, they were too far down in the zone....we'll talk to him about that....' . 30 games in and one your 4th year pitcher doesn't know where to throw the ball?

Anyhow, yay team! Always good to get a W against Houston. Hell, it's always good to see you can play a good team nose to nose. 

Sea Dog 23

Good for Bogey.  A column aired yesterday that Bogey would give Sox another look.  They dogged him, offering a 1-year extension.  There is some thinking he would consider a 7-yr $210m deal.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 17, 2022, 07:09:59 AM
Good for Bogey.  A column aired yesterday that Bogey would give Sox another look.  They dogged him, offering a 1-year extension.  There is some thinking he would consider a 7-yr $210m deal.
They gave more than that to an aging Lefty with an attitude problem and a history of stinking it up in the playoffs and Yankee Stadium.

7 years $210M - a SS of decent caliber, Silver Sluggers, face of the org, 8 year mainstay in the every day lineup AND does well in this tough Boston market. Perhaps he could get more? Sure. Could he get the big 10-year, $350? 7-year, $275? MLB owners have done sillier things.

longgame

I kept thinking after that left field slide by Verdugo that I would have been out but it sure is nice to be in your 20s!

By far the best win for the Sox this season.  As Fred said, even Hansel “in distress” Robles couldn’t blow it.