5. Kole Calhoun (L) RF
6. Jonah Heim (S) C
7. Nathaniel Lowe (L) 1B
8. Nick Solak (R) DH
9. Andy Ibanez (R) 3B

Gametime Temp: 91°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

With Wacha and Hill on the IL/covid, Pivetta is about all we got left after Nate.  The two kids are there, Whit and Houck, but are they worth more than 4 innings?  I hear that they could be calling up Winchowski soon.

longgame

Wow, 10 relievers and 4 starters on the active roster, two of whom can combine for 7 innings on a good day.  That's crazy.  Lack of depth in the rotation is one thing I can't blame Bloom for entirely.  They should have been working on getting Houck, Hill and Whitlock able to give more than 3 or 4 innings, but they are counting on Sale and Paxton.  With regard to Sale, I can only guess they've forgotten his last few "comeback" attempts, but I'm hopeful he may be able to have a positive impact.  The question is when. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 13, 2022, 11:44:59 AM
With Wacha and Hill on the IL/covid, Pivetta is about all we got left after Nate.  The two kids are there, Whit and Houck, but are they worth more than 4 innings?  I hear that they could be calling up Winchowski soon.

Wel we arew unable to win a series anymore so the hope is that we don;t get swept by a miserable failing team like the Rangers---but we just might.

markj

I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Go into a new series, win the first game, then blow the rest.

markj

Devers muffs a good throw from Vaz that would have ended the inning. Hope it doesn't cost them.

markj

Finally out of it. That big hole in Devers' glove cost Pivetta a bunch of pitches.

MongoLikeSox

They gave that error to Vasquez?  iono

Pivetta on again is fun to watch.

Winckowski only pitched 2 solid innings in his start the other night. Seems like at least part of a contingent plan.

Our old friend from last year - Richards.

markj

How was that Vaz's fault? It was a chest high throw that Devers missed because he took his eye off the ball.

markj

Great outing by Pivetta and the BP didn't blow it. Now to see if they can do it again tomorrow.