5. Marcell Ozuna (R) LF
6. Ozzie Albies (S) 2B
7. Adam Duvall (R) CF
8. Orlando Arcia (R) DH
9. Travis Demeritte (R) RF

Gametime Temp: 90°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

SeaBeachFred

Can we win two in a row and finally win a series?  The odds say NO but let's see if they can make us eat our words.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 11, 2022, 10:21:40 AM
Can we win two in a row and finally win a series?  The odds say NO but let's see if they can make us eat our words.

I'm surprised we're going with the same lineup again other than Plawecki in for Vazquez.   Seems like every time they get offense out of someone he doesn't play the next day. 

markj

longgame

Quote from: markj on May 11, 2022, 06:41:05 PM
Story with a 2-run dinger to put the Sox up 2-0.

Nice to see finally!  He even got a little confetti in the dugout.

markj

markj

Eovaldi is suddenly scuffling. A single, a 2-run dinger, and now a walk.

markj

Ugh, Eovaldi meltdown. Now an RBI double to tie the game. Still only one out.

markj

BP blows another one.  thumb_d :losers sigh

Sox are now 2-8 for their last 10.

MongoLikeSox

Well that sucked.

Winckowski only pitched 2 innings tonight with just 1 hit. I wonder if he's on the rise?

SeaBeachFred

I think most of us figured the way it would go tonight because we have had plenty of clues as to the ineptness of this horseshit team of ours.  First, we cannot win two games in a row.  Secondly, we cannot win a series, even a measly two game one.  Thirdly our bullpen once again gave it a way with this time Brasier trying to blow the ball by batters with his straight as an arrow fastball that has absolutely no movement at all.  BOOM, and the game was over.  Brasier, Hansel, and Barnes are three bums that need to go and I can name  two others if I could even remember their damn names who need to join them.  Look, we are not going to recover and this will go down as perhaps the worst team we've had this century along with the 2020 one.  Time to start collecting the garbage and depositing it in the human trash bucket.  And, yes, we will have to trade Bogaerts since he is a big chip that can land us some talent if Bloom can keep from shitting the bed again and getting a good young pitcher or two in trades for Xander and others since we cannot develop a good solid starting pitcher to save our asses.  Remember Meatball Barnes and Jason Groome were NO. 1 Draft choices for us and you all know how shitty Barnes it, and as for Groome, he is still in "A" BALL, that is, when he is not nursing some hangnail or pimple on his ass.

longgame

Once again Eovaldi has a quality start and the Sox can't score. This team is frustrating to watch.  Just nothing happening at the plate and it's always a matter of waiting for the bullpen to blow it.

Fred, you are right about that trio, but the rest of them aren't much better.  Schreiber looks good, but once they drill in the Sox "philosophy" of walking guys and throwing meatballs he'll be toast too. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 12, 2022, 07:50:52 AM
Once again Eovaldi has a quality start and the Sox can't score. This team is frustrating to watch.  Just nothing happening at the plate and it's always a matter of waiting for the bullpen to blow it.

Fred, you are right about that trio, but the rest of them aren't much better.  Schreiber looks good, but once they drill in the Sox "philosophy" of walking guys and throwing meatballs he'll be toast too.

Well my friend, there's not much we can do but rant, rave, make suggestions and hope some people in the front office grow a brain and a pair and start doing what's right for the team and their fanatical fans like those of us on this board.  I don't know how deep in the hole we will finish this season but perhaps being embarrassed like this will get John Henry awake, especially when the press starts battering him around in the papers.  We can only hope that does some real good.