7. Matt Chapman (R) 3B
8. Gosuke Katoh (L) 2B
9. Tyler Heineman (S) C

Gametime Temp: 37°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

longgame

Sea Dog 23

Gametime temperature:  37°F

Are you serious.  Our bats are already chilled.

markj

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 27, 2022, 10:43:29 AM
Gametime temperature:  37°F

Are you serious.  Our bats are already chilled.

I know they have a roof on that stadium. I wonder if they have heat as well. It was chilly there last night and I didn't notice anyone wearing coats or other cold weather gear.

longgame

It was closed last night.  Box score says 68 degrees and roof closed.  I'd imagine the same today.

Kind of funny how Eck was saying the players think the ball isn't carrying this year.  This hasn't seemed to be a problem for the Jays.

Sea Dog 23

Cora is back on the bench tonight per reports.  Maybe, maybe  some mojo for the players.

markj

elktonnick

Well at least Diekman did not walk the leadoff batter.

elktonnick

Cora learned from Venable's mistake and did not allow Diekman to pitch to Springer

markj

markj

Sox had a real chance to take this series, but at least they won't get swept. Nice to see some offense again.

Sox have just one series win so far this season.

Sea Dog 23

Piitching was superb.  Could have been a shutout except for bobbles by Story.   He is a natural at SS, 2B is troublesome.  Big night for Bogey. 6-9 holes are giving us next to nothing.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 28, 2022, 05:56:53 AM
Piitching was superb.  Could have been a shutout except for bobbles by Story.   He is a natural at SS, 2B is troublesome.  Big night for Bogey. 6-9 holes are giving us next to nothing.

Story and Dalbec seem to be costly liabilities in the field.  Maybe if they had acquired Story sooner than a week before the season (and then he missed a bunch of time) would have helped.  Dalbec is playing himself out of a job.  He and JBJ simply can't see the pitches.  Dalbec swings at anything out of the strike zone and then lets stuff go by him right down the middle.  Seriously wondering if the kid needs glasses.  That was the case for me in high school and all of a sudden I could hit again.

Dodged a bullet with the bullpen last night IMHO.