5. Matt Chapman (R) 3B
6. Alejandro Kirk (R) C
7. Raimel Tapia (L) LF
8. Santiago Espinal (R) 2B
9. Bradley Zimmer (L) RF

Gametime Temp: 51°F
Chance of Precip: 76%

longgame

No lineup as of 5:15.  Between guys that are out, guys that have Covid, guys that can't travel because they didn't get vaxxed, I'm quite curious to see what slop takes the field tonight.

markj

Quote from: longgame on April 25, 2022, 04:16:44 PM
No lineup as of 5:15.  Between guys that are out, guys that have Covid, guys that can't travel because they didn't get vaxxed, I'm quite curious to see what slop takes the field tonight.

Pretty close to a normal lineup. Hopefully they give Eovaldi a bit of run support.

Sea Dog 23

Sox don't seem interested in the road trips north or south.  Now held scoreless in 28 of the last 30 innings.

markj

markj

elktonnick

Why did they think they needed to take out Eovoldi.  Stupid stupid managing by rote rather than by the events on the field.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on April 25, 2022, 08:07:22 PM
Why did they think they needed to take out Eovoldi.  Stupid stupid managing by rote rather than by the events on the field.

Venable might wonder why he will never get a managing job unless it is with the Red Sox for a major discount since our owner has become a cheap bastard. Eovaldi was pitching very well with only 72 pitches thrown and this butt pulls him out and gives the game away.  Our luck has been  terrible but our plate discipline is even worse and the warning I gave about Bradley might now be coming true.  I said a few days ago that JBJ hasn't done a bad job at the considering who he is, BUT THE SOX HAD BETTER NOT TEST THEIR LUCK AND MOVE HIM UP IN THE ORDER.  Suggestion ignored and now the guy is heading for Mendoza Country.  The whole edifice is rotten to the core and we may be looking at a possible last place finish this year, our fifth in the last 11 seasons.  We look like a team adrift and right now I have no suggestions to help stem this tide of disaster that is headed our way.

BoSoxFanNY

THIS team has been so frustrating to watch.
The Starting Pitching has actually pitched well . . .
The OFFENSE needs to step up.

Not feeling good about this season . . .

MongoLikeSox

Three straight games with little damage offensively and the bull pen crapping out.

I wasn't focusing on Eovaldi's pitches in the 7th, so I won't comment on taking him out, I know the cooling down and heating back up thing means additional stress on the arm. We'll never know if he needed to be lifted or over-managed, and who did the over-managing. (meaning mandated from above via policy before game or ongoing)

I'm glad to see Bobby rebound at the plate, but man, what a clunker at 1b. I did that once on the very same play in Sr ball and I still remember it. Bad memories.  sigh

longgame

On Eovaldi, managers are afraid to let someone go through the lineup more than twice. Makes no sense, see if the guy still has it and keep him out there, plus it saves your crappy bullpen. 

It's amazing that we knew we had needs to address and didn't address them, other than Story who hasn't exactly been a savior.  That dead lineup is going to keep biting us.  Poor Dalbec.  Love the kid, he's just not particularly good at baseball. 

So bad managing, bad bullpen, suspect defense and no offense combines for a predictable outcome.

elktonnick

Dalbec was a decent pitcher in college.  Why they converted him is a mystery.

Sea Dog 23

I'll give Sox a little bit of an excuse, they are running into some good ball clubs last couple series and batters are overmatched against some good pitching.  At O's, Angels, White Sox (decimated by injuries). in next three series and time to make up lost ground.  Although Angels are a hot club of late.

I still dont think our batters got much work in the shortened spring.  After May 1, no more excuses.  Another theory 90% of the roster is leaving Boston this year, Bloom's one year contracts, or they're using an option.  Therefore they are flippiing off Cora and the coaches on the way out of town.  Hope Im wrong.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on April 26, 2022, 07:46:14 AM
On Eovaldi, managers are afraid to let someone go through the lineup more than twice. Makes no sense, see if the guy still has it and keep him out there, plus it saves your crappy bullpen. 

It's amazing that we knew we had needs to address and didn't address them, other than Story who hasn't exactly been a savior.  That dead lineup is going to keep biting us.  Poor Dalbec.  Love the kid, he's just not particularly good at baseball. 

So bad managing, bad bullpen, suspect defense and no offense combines for a predictable outcome.