5. Zack Collins (L) DH
6. Matt Chapman (R) 3B
7. Alejandro Kirk (R) C
8. Raimel Tapia (L) RF
9. Santiago Espinal (R) 2B

Gametime Temp: 45°F
Chance of Precip: 10%

longgame

Another cool day.  A friend of mine in the Springfield area had snow last night!

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on April 19, 2022, 12:43:42 PM
Another cool day.  A friend of mine in the Springfield area had snow last night!
Worcester's game got ppd for snow.

Sea Dog 23

Story doubles home Kike' in the 3rd.  Jays in business in the 4th.  1-1.

markj

Tough night for Eovaldi. 80+ pitches through 4. Although the Jays pitcher is right there as well.

MongoLikeSox

It seams like Dalbec's ticket out of town is getting printed every time we see him falter in a situation like this.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on April 19, 2022, 07:58:35 PM
It seams like Dalbec's ticket out of town is getting printed every time we see him falter in a situation like this.

Dalbec's strong Spring Training may have been tease but I still if the guy disciplines himself he can get his game straightened out.  Cora was very patient with him last season and it paid off for the most part.  He needs to bust out with three or four good games which would not only help him but the team itself.  I don't want to give up on him yet.   The team has shown patience to JBJ for years and he still has not hit as promised but his attitude has been very good and he's gotten a few more hits than I thought he would.  But Bradley, Dalbec, Vazquez and Hernandez must pick up the pace because we are going to need more than three or four hitters carrying the load for us.  Hopefully tomorrow we get more of our lineup---and another win too.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 19, 2022, 09:24:15 PM
Sox win a close one. Bullpen did well. 2-1.

Bullpen did very well markj but Eovaldi had sort of a rough night and we can't afford to have him have too many since right now he might be the best we have.  That means Pivetta and Houck need to step up this week because Tanner  will be hors de combat when we go to Toronto next week.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 19, 2022, 10:47:08 PM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on April 19, 2022, 07:58:35 PM

Dalbec's strong Spring Training may have been tease but I still if the guy disciplines himself he can get his game straightened out.  Cora was very patient with him last season and it paid off for the most part.  He needs to bust out with three or four good games which would not only help him but the team itself.  I don't want to give up on him yet.   The team has shown patience to JBJ for years and he still has not hit as promised but his attitude has been very good and he's gotten a few more hits than I thought he would.  But Bradley, Dalbec, Vazquez and Hernandez must pick up the pace because we are going to need more than three or four hitters carrying the load for us.  Hopefully tomorrow we get more of our lineup---and another win too.
I've not given up on Dalbec either. Defense is much better, and there's an advantage over Shaw there so far. His approach at the plate is a somewhat better, too. He's got that look on his face after failing a key situation like total despair, as if one more screw up was it for his chances.

That said, he very well could be out of his element with the adjustments and needs some more reps. He knows there's a leash and what's coming unless his adjustments bear fruit. He's still prone to the bad pitch swinging thing. That might be his big hurdle to clear and everything else falls into place. 

Poor Vasquez. I thought he was coming out of it on Monday and then he hits that dinger to top it off. Then the positive Covid test.