5. Gary Sanchez (R) C
6. Trevor Larnach (L) LF
7. Miguel Sano (R) 1B
8. Ryan Jeffers (R) DH
9. Gilberto Celestino (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 46°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

Twins get to Rich Hill early with a 2-run shot in the 1st.  Sox coming to bat.

MongoLikeSox

This isn't looking so good so far. Hill ain't got it today. Eck just said it, but perhaps a batter or two too late.

MongoLikeSox

What an awful half inning. Can't play 162 without your fair share of wheels falling off innings, I guess.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on April 18, 2022, 01:03:54 PM
What an awful half inning. Can't play 162 without your fair share of wheels falling off innings, I guess.

Look at my missive on another thread on this board Mongo.  The problem is the wheels come off on some of the more important days on the Red Sox's annual schedules.  On Patriots Day no RedSox team should look so inept and shitty as ours did today, and let's hope the day is soon coming when  we don't have to stomach seeing Cutter, Brasier and Sawamurad puking their guts on the mound.

Yes, and one more thing.  Someone should inform the front office that this is not 2018 anymore and Rich Hill looks nothing like he did back then.  He looked shit warmed over today putting in a big hole  from the get-go-------not a good idea when we have two tough series coming up against Toronto and Tampa Bay.

Sea Dog 23

I did not get good vibes with Story and Dalbek sitting out.  And Kike' was 0 for Monday. It is what it is.

Hill does not have the zip  on his pitches like 2-3 years ago.  I like the Mets pitching coach, who said last spring, if you can't throw 95,  you're outta here.

I'll throw Kutter a bone.  The ump was squeezing the zone on him and gave the Twins reliever a big zone to throw to.  I think it made a difference in that inning.  Besides Kutter was groomed to be a starter.  Maybe they need to switch roles.

MongoLikeSox

I hear ya, guys. Especially that awful ump. He was all over the place at times. He took the bat out of out hands at least two times with 2 guys on base. (Arroyo and JD - innings apart)

This should have been a start for Shaw anyhow if they're really going to give him some of the RH pitchers. To do it was another starter sitting is always difficult. Not a horrible day to do it defensively with Hill on the mound and some drooling RH batters.

I also agree on this Patriots Day games. We've had some awful contests in these games. I'm always surprised to hear we've got a good record. 

Sea Dog 23

I think we could all take a breath and wait for May baseball.  Not saying we're anywhere near the ledge, lol.  But looking at all of these teams so far, it looks like they're still getting their legs in spring training.  It was a short spring.  Just about every club has virtually a .500 record, or near that, except for two teams.  Dodgers and Giants have sprinted out to a lead, but IMO they have done it with some cupcake teams in first few series.

Injuries are starting to appear, and some pitchers may have rushed getting ready.  Means of the O's and Gray for Twins have some issues.   Sale had a lot of time to get healthy.

MongoLikeSox

I'm not at yelling at the TV screen yet, but it's a good point.

Fred, I saw your post on that other thread. Remember what Cora did to Weber last year on a Sunday against Toronto?

Did you guys see that bullpen implosion in Worcester on Sunday? 4 guys from the 40-man combined for 10 runs in 3-2/3. One runs was Taylor giving up a solo shot in his inning of Springtraininghab. I wonder if thozse other 3 were trying to audition for a Toronto fill in stint?

longgame

Tough one today.  I'm giving them a pass on everything so far.  We know they have some talent.  We know they have two good pitchers who may come back later in the year.  Nobody really has a feel for their team yet.  They also aren't on a normal schedule yet - night games finally the next two nights before a getaway day game on Thursday.  I expect another week or so before they settle in, plus they have a pretty bad schedule with 7 home games and 15 away games this month.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on April 18, 2022, 05:02:25 PM

Fred, I saw your post on that other thread. Remember what Cora did to Weber last year on a Sunday against Toronto?

Did you guys see that bullpen implosion in Worcester on Sunday? 4 guys from the 40-man combined for 10 runs in 3-2/3. One runs was Taylor giving up a solo shot in his inning of Springtraininghab. I wonder if thozse other 3 were trying to audition for a Toronto fill in stint?

Mongo, I saw a good one about relievers,
' after they turn the lights out at the ballark, the ghost runners (extra innings ) hover over home plate and practice against the dead arms.'

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 19, 2022, 07:48:19 AM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on April 18, 2022, 05:02:25 PM

Mongo, I saw a good one about relievers,
' after they turn the lights out at the ballark, the ghost runners (extra innings ) hover over home plate and practice against the dead arms.'

Hey Mongo and Sea Dog, a little humor right now might be a shot in the arm for our spirit as fans.  It is hard to get a real feel for our team at the moment because it seems a lot is in flux.  We still haven't been able to get our bullpen centered between those we can depend on and those we can't, but I think the past few games should give Alex some food for thought on that matter.  We have a tough nine game scoop coming starting today with Toronto, then TB and the the Jays again next week.  We ought to get a better feel for our guys after those nine contests.  For me, we need Kiki to start hitting because he has been a near zero so far and he is far better than that.  I also  have been pleased with my normal foil JBJ.  He's doing the best he and had contributed mildly with the bat, but the big guns have to get hot and stay hot.  Let's hope we can get off to a good start this evening with a solid team effort and win.