5. Trevor Larnach (L) LF
6. Gio Urshela (R) 3B
7. Nick Gordon (L) CF
8. Miguel Sano (R) 1B
9. Ryan Jeffers (R) C

Gametime Temp: 62°F
Chance of Precip: 3%

longgame

Houck is sure to spot them a lead and then hopefully settle down.  The Twins ain't who they used to be. 

The good news is at least our manager doesn't have two of the best guys in all of baseball and can't win, and walks guys with the bases loaded.  Imagine being an Angels' fan.

markj

Sea Dog 23

In the 5 player deal with LA, Verdugo is about the only thing we salvaged.  I think the fans love him in Fenway.  Even the Yankee fans at the Stadium have a kick with Verdugo playing down there.

markj

markj

From lousy pitching to great pitching in a bit more than 24 hours. Sox with a shutout. 4-0.

Sea Dog 23

Its feast or famine out of the Sox bullpen.  Yesterday was send in the clowns day.  Today we brought out the A team with Strahm and Whitlock., who scattered 3 hits between them.  Throw in Robles and Diekman and we have four pretty reliable arms.

I'd like to see Valdez get more consistent, and they say Josh Taylor is getting in shape (May?).

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 16, 2022, 06:21:35 PM
From lousy pitching to great pitching in a bit more than 24 hours. Sox with a shutout. 4-0.

Areal turnaround markj and it made all of us happy.  My question is why can't we show a little more consistency and do this two or three times in a row.  We seem to blow hot and cold too much, and, yes, it is early, but bad habits and inconsistent play sometimes festoon on a team like a rats on a ship.  How about winning the series tomorrow and show we can be winners more than one or two times in a row.  I'd love to see that and so would all Red Sox fans.  Still, we got great pi tching today. 

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 16, 2022, 06:28:52 PM
......I'd like to see Valdez get more consistent, and they say Josh Taylor is getting in shape (May?).
A lot of his problems was overuse last year. At least twice. Cora even admitted it once. I agree, though. That junk ball plays well when it's on.