GAME #6 - WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2022 - BOSTON RED SOX @ DETROIT TIGERS

Started by markj, April 13, 2022, 07:27:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 13, 2022, 03:47:42 PM
Well, Kutter made a mess of things in the 8th, touched up for 3 runs.  Diekman almost gets out of it, but gives up a hit.  Finally Robles gets out of the jam with the bases loaded.  Now 9-7.

Kutter sucked when we got him late last season, and he has screwed things up twice in two games so far---so how long will it take for Cora to decide if this guy is going to stay or be sent down to his demise somewhere else?  Something tells me we will be seeing guys like Davis and Kutter a few more times before sanity prevails and these two bums will be sent packing.  But hell, we won today and took the series so on balance it was a good day.  And hey, how about Jackie?  I almost choked saying it, but, hell, he did the job for a change and a kuddo thrown his way is deserving.

Sea Dog 23

Fred, I'll give Kutter some slack.  He came up last Sept and was pretty raw while up for his cup of coffee. He did look OK in New York on Sunday, and I think he got the win.  He does bring some heat at about 97.  Where we get hurt is Brasier and Barnes tops this year at 93, they're useless without a good fastball.  Robles was topping out at 94 today, so-so. 

I watched the Mets and Phils last night.  We really don't have pitchers that can bring it like Wheeler and McGill, who were blowing batters away yesterday.  I guess Whitlock and Nate are two other guys who can bring it at a fair velocity.  But our pitching is still inconsistent day to day.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 13, 2022, 06:52:21 PM
Fred, I'll give Kutter some slack.  He came up last Sept and was pretty raw while up for his cup of coffee. He did look OK in New York on Sunday, and I think he got the win.  He does bring some heat at about 97.  Where we get hurt is Brasier and Barnes tops this year at 93, they're useless without a good fastball.  Robles was topping out at 94 today, so-so. 

I watched the Mets and Phils last night.  We really don't have pitchers that can bring it like Wheeler and McGill, who were blowing batters away yesterday.  I guess Whitlock and Nate are two other guys who can bring it at a fair velocity.  But our pitching is still inconsistent day to day.

Well Sea Dog, Alex has a day off to consider how he is going to move along with our bullpen.  I don't envy him but you would think that of the nine relievers we do have about three of them should be worth their salt and be able to contribute to the team's hopeful success.