6. Kyle Tucker (L) RF
7. Yuli Gurriel (R) 1B
8. Chas McCormick (R) CF
9. Martin Maldonado (R) C

Gametime Temp: 65°F
Chance of Precip: 2%

markj

Sea Dog 23

Interesting that Houston's game 6 starter (and for a potential game 7) are the same two pitchers we unloaded on in games 2 and 3.  A different mojo this week, but we have a book on those guys.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on October 22, 2021, 10:56:06 AM
Interesting that Houston's game 6 starter (and for a potential game 7) are the same two pitchers we unloaded on in games 2 and 3.  A different mojo this week, but we have a book on those guys.

We had also knocked out Valdez early the first time but he was nearly unhittable in Game 5.

The plus side is the Sox have played the best when they've had their backs firmly against the wall - and it is now.  It seems like this postseason has been largely feast or famine - they either win or lose by a lot for the most part.  Also, Dusty Baker has a history of losing big games, Cora has a history of winning them, although Cora's record is far shorter. 

The bad news is the thrill is gone.  I hope the team doesn't feel the same way. 

longgame

I'm a bit surprised that Renfroe is in there but this is a better defensive alignment than Verdugo in RF and Schwarber in LF.  But given his brutal at bats and the fact that his good arm barely balances his below average glove, I would have thought there'd be a change.

Bottom line today, as we all know, is score enough to hold up against the 2 or 3 Eovaldi will cough up plus whatever batting practice pitchers we throw out after him will give up. 

SeaBeachFred

We can only hope and pray that we see a different Red Sox team out there in Houston than we did the last two games in Boston. otherwise we are toast.  Needless to say I do not hold much hope for them after those two games, but as I said we can all hope for the best.  Maybe we will get a pleasant surprise.

Bill-806

AS DAD WOULD SAY , "SON, WIN OR GO HOME" !!!! thumb_u iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

MongoLikeSox

Schwarber needs to go buy lottery tickets with that kind of luck.

markj

markj

markj

Minute Maid Park has a roof. Why is the infield muddy? Did some dufus leave the roof open in the rain?

markj

How did that not get charged as an error on Kike? It hit his glove, for Pete's sake.

elktonnick

markj

longgame

Seemed like they could see every pitch well the last time they saw him, now they’re hacking away at bad pitches.  One team is going to go out and score 3 or 4 sooner or later and that may be it.  Sox don’t look capable of it.  Maybe they’ll catch a break with a reliever and Cora will resist the temptation to pull Eovaldi unless he has to.