ALCS GAME # 4 - TUESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2021 - HOUSTON ASTROS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, October 19, 2021, 07:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: elktonnick on October 19, 2021, 10:45:34 PM
Lance Diaz has missed about a half dozen calls tonight.  He is right up there with Angel Hernandez
I was thinking that's about the only way it could be worse.

Can't say that I saw the need to be this creative yet. I hope we're only down the one run. TBD

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  See youze guyz tomorrow!!!

markj

BoSoxFanNY

DAMN
Astros scored 5 runs so far in the top of the 9th inning.
At the moment Astros 7 - Sox 2.

It is now a series.

SO DISAPPOINTED . . .

FOR all the offense in Games 2 and 3,
the Sox offense disappeared after Xander's home run
in the bottom of the 1st inning.

markj

BoSoxFanNY

The disaster in the top of the 9th continues . . .
Astros 9 - Sox 2.

DAMN

markj

Apparently incompetence is contagious. Perez is infecting the whole team.

BoSoxFanNY

I started to believe .  . .
I started to hope that the Sox would finish this ALCS in Boston.
They seemed unstoppable.

Houston's coaches finally came up with a plan to
still the Red Sox' offense.

DANG IT!

markj

MongoLikeSox

Just awful. Not digging today's pitching plan starting with sending Whitlock back out after getting scalded the inning before. Did we NEED to send Eovaldi out there? Seemed like a desperation move that wasn't needed yet. Then to let ot get out of hand is another blunder.

OK - so 7-8 more hits.

markj

Cora may have been out of cards to play, but letting Perez anywhere near a close game is insane. And he keeps putting Shaw in to PH late in games and he does Jack Shit.

BoSoxFanNY

Red Sox lose to the Astros.
9 - 2

This series will return to Houston.

I was uncomfortable the whole game with just a 1 run lead.
HATE losing games in the late innings.

WTF happened in the 9th inning?

Sea Dog 23

We didn't do enough to win against a battle tested Astros.  You gotta get them early, we did but then left runners stranded.  You simply can't go hand to hand with their bullpen late in the game.   In order for the Sox to win this series, I think they will have to grind it out.

Bill-806

PUT IT BEHIND US , 5:00 COMES EARLY !!!  MUST WIN !! iono iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on October 19, 2021, 10:48:12 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on October 19, 2021, 10:45:34 PM
Lance Diaz has missed about a half dozen calls tonight.  He is right up there with Angel Hernandez
I was thinking that's about the only way it could be worse.

Can't say that I saw the need to be this creative yet. I hope we're only down the one run. TBD

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  See youze guyz tomorrow!!!

It was something like 23.  I saw a graphic.  Of course he probably cost us the game too.

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on October 19, 2021, 11:12:30 PM
Just awful. Not digging today's pitching plan starting with sending Whitlock back out after getting scalded the inning before. Did we NEED to send Eovaldi out there? Seemed like a desperation move that wasn't needed yet. Then to let ot get out of hand is another blunder.

OK - so 7-8 more hits.

Should have kept Pivetta in to see if he could get another inning.  Then they'd only need Whitlock for a shorter time.  But while I understand the idea of putting in a lefty when he brought in Perez, I just thought that there really is no situation where it makes sense to bring in Perez with the bases loaded.  Apparently it wasn't Darwinzon's day to blow the game, it was Perez's.

Give the Astros some credit.  Sox should have scored more but the reliever that ate up about 4 innings did his job.  Getting screwed out of some really bad calls didn't help and killed momentum, but they had a lot of chances to score in that game and never could push them across. 

But the bigger problem is the Sox don't have a lefty in the pen they can use other than Taylor.  Perez and Hernandez are toast.