ALCS GAME # 3 - MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2021 - HOUSTON ASTROS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, October 18, 2021, 08:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on October 19, 2021, 08:00:26 AM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on October 19, 2021, 06:15:13 AM
I've got three things sticking with me this morning about last night's game.

#1: Cora's immediate extinguishing of a fire by jumping on ERod the instant he did his point to the watch thing at Correa.

#2: Everyone knew Kike was hot, but I did see just how zeroed in he was until his out in the middle innings against that lefty. Kike did make an out, IIRC, but he looked as locked as I have ever seen him for some reason.

#3: Altuve - I never would guess two big errors like he's had so far this series.

Me too.  Cora wants to keep his guys focused and hungry.  I like that E-Rod is feeling it though, even though that move wasn't needed.   

Altuve has blown a couple of tough plays, but clearly errors.  One of the advantages that Houston had coming in has been neutralized.

My fear is that this series is still only 2-1.  That's a slim lead and the Sox should know better than anyone not to rest on their laurels.  I hope they can really stick it to them again tonight, especially with Greinke on the mound.

Don't underestimate Grienke on the mound; just go out there and take care of him anddefeat the Astros.   They are in our way and we have overcome a lot of negative crap this season to get into the position we currently find outrsleves and it would be a shame to let it slide away now.  Pedal to the metal in the way to do it and if we do that we ought to be able to go 3-1 tonight.