ALCS GAME # 3 - MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2021 - HOUSTON ASTROS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, October 18, 2021, 08:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Gotta think that's it for E-Rod. Not a bad outing. One mistake, but otherwise pretty strong.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on October 18, 2021, 08:34:59 PM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on October 18, 2021, 08:33:24 PM
I know. Let's just do it this way all the time?   Right? I mean, hello!  And now Renfroe is Johnny Wheels?

(Sorry bout that. Eck's got his Ouija board facing North Carolina.)

I think I asked you before but where are you?  I’m in Huntersville.
I'm in Raleigh.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: markj on October 18, 2021, 09:34:21 PM
Gotta think that's it for E-Rod. Not a bad outing. One mistake, but otherwise pretty strong.
Indeed! Hung a slurve I was whincing at the whole way to his bat. Longest splight second watching TV ever.

But wow, to come back from that the next two innings? One of his better recoveries, eh? I happy for the kid.

markj

longgame

E-Rod did as much as we could ask and JD just added two more!

That makes me feel better.

Have to keep remembering that even if they hang on they’d only be up 2 games to 1.

elktonnick

E Rod was tremendous.  Like they said first left hander ever to post 7 or more strike outs without a walk in a post season game in the history of Fenway Park.

markj

elktonnick

Here has an 8 run lead and Perez walks the leadoff batter.  What a dufous!

BoSoxFanNY

AND the Red Sox CRUSH the Astros 12 - 3!

THE BATS have come alive at the most amazing time of the season.

YAHOOOOOOO!

E Rod pitches well.
HOME RUNS!
GRAND SLAM!

BoSoxFanNY

SeaBeachFred

WELL WE SURE TOOK ADVANTAGE OF OUR ADVANTAGE TONIGHT.  WE REALLY CAME OUT BASHING AND KEPT IT UP THROUGHOUT THE GAME.  IT IS NOT OVER BUT I REALY THINK WE CAN WIN THIS SERIES AND THAT SHOULD COUNT BECAUSE IF I BELIEVE IT MOST OF YOU BELIEVE IT TOO.  AND THE PLAYERS CERTAINLY ACT LIKE THEY THINK THE SAME WAY AS WE DO.  WE NEED T COME OUT TOMORROW AND TAKE IT TO THE ASTROS.  WE PLAY OUR GAME WE SHOULD GO UP 3-1.  NO LETUP GUYS.

MongoLikeSox

I've got three things sticking with me this morning about last night's game.

#1: Cora's immediate extinguishing of a fire by jumping on ERod the instant he did his point to the watch thing at Correa.

#2: Everyone knew Kike was hot, but I did see just how zeroed in he was until his out in the middle innings against that lefty. Kike did make an out, IIRC, but he looked as locked as I have ever seen him for some reason.

#3: Altuve - I never would guess two big errors like he's had so far this series.

Bill-806

Quote from: Bill-806 on October 18, 2021, 11:20:31 AM
GET 5 FROM E-ROD &   8 FROM THE BATS !!!!! WOW, THE DODGERS ARE DOWN 2 ?????? thumb_u thumb_u iono iono iono
B I N G O  DAT !!!!  WOW, PINCH ME !!! AS DAD WOULD SAY , "SON , ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN A SHORT SERIES" !!!! GREAT GAME , ON TO TONIGHT...... ROLLING, ROLLING, ROLLING !!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

Sox getting it done.  The hottest team in baseball at the right time.  Hope to hades it keeps going.  Cora pushing the right buttons with starters and the pen. The last Four Sox pitchers, over two games, held the Astros hitless over the last 5 innings.  But Dusty really has a problem with his pitchers in this series.

As far as the bats, Schwarber said they had a batters meeting before game 2.  He said, "let's everybody be Kike'."

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on October 19, 2021, 06:15:13 AM
I've got three things sticking with me this morning about last night's game.

#1: Cora's immediate extinguishing of a fire by jumping on ERod the instant he did his point to the watch thing at Correa.

#2: Everyone knew Kike was hot, but I did see just how zeroed in he was until his out in the middle innings against that lefty. Kike did make an out, IIRC, but he looked as locked as I have ever seen him for some reason.

#3: Altuve - I never would guess two big errors like he's had so far this series.

Me too.  Cora wants to keep his guys focused and hungry.  I like that E-Rod is feeling it though, even though that move wasn't needed.   

Altuve has blown a couple of tough plays, but clearly errors.  One of the advantages that Houston had coming in has been neutralized.

My fear is that this series is still only 2-1.  That's a slim lead and the Sox should know better than anyone not to rest on their laurels.  I hope they can really stick it to them again tonight, especially with Greinke on the mound.