ALDS GAME # 4 - MONDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2021 - TAMPA BAY RAYS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, October 10, 2021, 11:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: markj on October 13, 2021, 10:32:49 PM
I was just watching this game again on FS1. Whitlock is the unsung hero of this game. He came in and shut down that rally by TB with the score tied. Just that one play where he hustled over to back up Raffy at 3B may have saved a run. If the Rays had scored again, who knows how things would have turned out.

Credit Chaim for seeing Whitlock’s abilities before most GMs figured out what a talent he is.  And he was in the Yankees backyard! I read that our scouts did most of their evaluating of him on Instagram.  Bloom thinks a lot of Winchowski he got from the Mets. 

I’m a big fan of the Sox draft and international signings. It is really interesting what the build of the new Sox is shaping up.  In a couple years Nick Yorke will make us proud.

SeaBeachFred

Weird for us that the Covid scare hit us about the best time possible, if such a travesty as that rotten disease could be classified in a positive way, but it did come and go just in time for the final month or so when the team all seemed to be well and ready to play.  It didn't show up all the impressive but when this post season hit we were pretty healthy while other teams were overcoming their problems in that regard.  It has showed up favorably for us in the post season---SO FAR.  The team right now seems to be playing good ball and operating on al cylinders, even defense and base running which were two bugaboos for us much of the season.  I also heard  the Astros' No. 1 ace (McCullough is it?) might not be ready for the ALCS because of arm miseries.

You never wish anyone physical harm but it has happened and maybe it could augur well for us if we keep hitting because the Astros hit well too.  There's going to be a big ta-do today at 3:00 pm Pacific time for three hours breaking down the teams heading for the league championship series.  Just hope we are ready for it and I think we will be.

Sea Dog 23

Fred, there is some worry in the Astros camp about McCullers.  He just had Tommy John 2-3 years ago.  The forearm stiffness he has could be a minor thing. But it is an indicator of TJ all over again.

ETA - while McCullers is in for an MRI, Dusty says Odorizzi and Greinke are his Friday options, more likely the former.  Tho I don’t think Odorizzi was on the ALDS roster.