ALDS GAME # 1 - THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by markj, October 07, 2021, 09:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

I don't know what I expected and still don't. I do know what I hope will happen this post season is a sling-shot back into regular baseball next season. Starting pitching, sane hitting strategies, etc.

I hope the Sox win, but that aside, if them winning means swinging like crazed Gorillias and bullpen-ball, It would be serious mixed emotions. I have to think that erod was pulled because he was off tonight and that Richards was to used differently starting tomorrow. I'm glad Cash waited until his Starter was starting to drift with his fastball.

Sea Dog 23

Looking at the games yesterday, it looked like last year, the same teams Rays and Stro's heading to the ALCS.   Both great pitching and hitting.  Stro's are missing Springer, but Alvarez is a big bopper, what a game he had.  I hope the Sox can steal one today to keep the '21 wonder team pumping.  But our pitching is so up and down this year.

Bill-806

Quote from: Bill-806 on October 07, 2021, 09:18:03 AM
E-ROD WITH THE START ....... SURE PROOF THAT WE HAVE GONE TO THE "OPENER" !!!!  NO REASON FOR CORA TO LET HIM GO MORE THAN ONE TIME THRU THE VAUNTED RAYS LINEUP !!!!  B T W , LOOK FOR THE RAYS TO "DIG " IN ON E-ROD SINCE HE HAS NOT HIT A BATTER IN MY YEARS OF WATCHING HIM !!!! GO SOX , SMART BASEBALL WINS GAMES !!! thumb_u thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl
  AS DAD WOULD SAY , "WELL SON , I GUESS YOU CALLED IT " !!!  FROM E-ROD TO THAT LITTLE LEAGUE BALL PARK , WHAT A MESS !!!!!!  HOW ABOUT THE THEFT OF HOME PLATE ? , I THINK THE SOX WERE IN THE SHIFT & 3RD BASE WAS LEFT SOMEWHAT OPEN ??????  GET OUT OF THE SHIFT & MAKE THE OTHER TEAM "HIT IT WHERE THEY AINT" !!! THE SOX LOOKED "HUNG OVAA" FROM THE YANKEES WIN ???? thumb_d thumb_d iono iono sigh sigh sigh

longgame

Bottom line is they had a few chances to get something going and they couldn't.  They sprinkled around some hits but once guys got on the bats went silent again.  Bogey and Devers had hits but not productive.  Arroyo was impressive with a couple of hits in the 9 hole.  The kid may not be a superstar but he brings his A game when he's healthy.  Too bad Kike did nothing at the top of the lineup when he was on.

Other than E-Rod the pitching wasn't terrible, but they needed to hit.  I'm thinking E-Rod is done as a Sox.

What is frustrating is they keep putting out these pitchers who are rookies or tonight a guy with 3 MLB starts and the Sox can't hit them.  It would appear that they simply can't hit guys they haven't seen a lot of. 

Hopefully JD is back because poor Dalbec looked totally overmatched.  It's strange since he should have seen everyone on that team in AAA.

Let's see which Chris Sale shows up. 

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on October 08, 2021, 07:47:57 AM
Bottom line is they had a few chances to get something going and they couldn't.  They sprinkled around some hits but once guys got on the bats went silent again.  Bogey and Devers had hits but not productive.  Arroyo was impressive with a couple of hits in the 9 hole.  The kid may not be a superstar but he brings his A game when he's healthy.  Too bad Kike did nothing at the top of the lineup when he was on.

Other than E-Rod the pitching wasn't terrible, but they needed to hit.  I'm thinking E-Rod is done as a Sox.

What is frustrating is they keep putting out these pitchers who are rookies or tonight a guy with 3 MLB starts and the Sox can't hit them.  It would appear that they simply can't hit guys they haven't seen a lot of. 

Hopefully JD is back because poor Dalbec looked totally overmatched.  It's strange since he should have seen everyone on that team in AAA.

Let's see which Chris Sale shows up.
SO , IF DALBEC IS REMOVED , WHO PLAYS 1ST BASE ???????     iono iono iono iono