WC GAME - TUESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2021 - NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, October 04, 2021, 09:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

elktonnick

Revenge is a dish best served cold.  After 43 years I certainly enjoyed the dish!

Bill-806

B T W ,  CORA'S "HANDS ON" WITH THE PITCHING STAFF TELLS ME THAT WE HAVE NOW MOVED TO THE "OPENER" WAY , WITH ALL ARMS ON DECK !!!! thumb_u thumb_u thumb_u

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on October 06, 2021, 08:25:38 AM
https://nypost.com/cover/october-6-2021/

Got to love the NY media - Gerrit Bleeping Cole screams the Post!   rofl
Wow!   rofl

Pretty soon we'll hear from our resident 'Sox fan in NYC with a street report. I've been looking forward to it all morning.

Quote from: elktonnick on October 06, 2021, 09:13:02 AM
Revenge is a dish best served cold.  After 43 years I certainly enjoyed the dish!
Indeed! Add a huge side helping of 8+ innings of Yankees' unofficial broadcast team whining to no end. So many comedy moments.

To his credit, much later in the game, ARod had 1-1/2 valid points in a row. Kind of felt good for the guy. Briefly.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on October 05, 2021, 11:45:52 PM
Woo Hoo!!!!
I thought Cora made too many moves, but we got away with it. Thank goodness for not clearing the Monster and then turning around and getting Judge out at the plate. That saved it right then and there. That's when i started to believe. In games we lose, those shots are home runs, not base running mistakes waiting to happen in our favor.

On to the Rays. It can be done.
Cora did make a lot of moves but they were the right ones  IMHO and he clearly outmanaged his counterpart.  Maybe he is a better post season skipper than regular one.  I do remember how Francona out performed Scioscia, Torre and La Russa back in 2004.  Some are just better in the playoffs.

longgame

I think there's something to that Fred.  You can pull guys and mix and match pitchers in the postseason differently, plus you find opportunities, even if they don't work out, like putting Shaw in to pinch hit to get a good matchup.  He seems to pull the right levers at the right time.  Like Francona though, they miss some regular season opportunities to position themselves better.

Nice piece on SI about how bad the ESPN broadcast was.  https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2021/10/06/yankees-red-sox-espn-alex-rodriguez-lowlights

Sea Dog 23

Glad you guys got the Sox best game in a month, or close to the best one.  Dang it, I had to spend the night in the hospital doing a sleep apnea observation.  But I do have it on replay, and just had time to watch the first five innings.

Good for Bogey and Schwarby getting us early runs, so we didn't have to burn up our starters in relief.  We'll need all hands on deck as the Rays seem to have about 25 pitchers.  HA!