GAME #162 - SUNDAY, OCTOBER 03, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ WASHINGTON NATIONALS

Started by markj, October 03, 2021, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

They have the guys coming up who technically should be able to do something.  Can’t get the Nats get into a walk off position.

Meanwhile we should get Davey Martinez as manager who gets this no name players motivated in last place on day 162.

markj

longgame

markj

Yeah, Raffy!!!  That's what we needed. Now hopefully Cora sends E-Rod back out.

longgame

He’ll do something reminiscent of 1986 and think that Barnes deserves to be on the field or something.

elktonnick

As Raffy was coming to the plate the Nats announcer said "Here comes that man again." Oh yeah.  Mr Ortiz meet your heir apparent.

markj

Quote from: longgame on October 03, 2021, 05:37:44 PM
He’ll do something reminiscent of 1986 and think that Barnes deserves to be on the field or something.

I'm worried he might do something that stupid.

markj

markj

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on October 03, 2021, 05:39:41 PM
As Raffy was coming to the plate the Nats announcer said "Here comes that man again." Oh yeah.  Mr Ortiz meet your heir apparent.

Watching the same and thinking the same.  He could become Little Papi.

markj

markj

MongoLikeSox

Man, they bailed their Manager out big time. Holy smokes.

Two of the hottest teams in the AL are out of it. The Jays ought to have a year next year. Hopefully Eovaldi can have him a big game. We'll need it.

This blackout crap down here for Baltimore and Washington games had better end this year as those TV deals get renegotiated. If not, I'm going VPN'ing next season. I had no idea how much the radio guys bitch, though. I thought I was bad. LOL Listening to the radio broadcast with the MLB channel on showing bits and pieces of games is for the birds.

Sea Dog 23

Really good to see some grit right there.  But I know I was down on the Sox a couple times in this series.  But I forgot, this is the team they’ve been all year. 23 or more times.  The comeback kids! 

I don’t know what Cora’s plan was, I dare pretend to know, but he may have been saving some of Sale and ERod to pitch again in the wild card with the early hooks. Eovaldi to start then some of  ERod more likely than Sale. Also we have some of the better bullpen guys for Monday that we didn’t use today.  Either way both teams are going to have tired arms the next day and going into the ALDS.