5. Pedro Severino (R) C
6. Ryan McKenna (R) LF
7. Pat Valaika (R) 2B
8. Kelvin Gutierrez (R) 3B
9. Richie Martin (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 66°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

OK Sox, the bats need to come alive tonight, period.  This Lowther guy has a 7.66 era.  I think a couple points higher than anyone of our starters.  Our run production last four games has been 3, 3, 3, 2.  Need 5 or 6 minimum tonight before we turn this one over to our drama queens in the pen.  Stop the bleeding!

orwell

While my wife and Fred are justifiably annoyed at Cora and some of the team, I'm hanging in with the Sox because they have a great chance to make it in a one game playoff against the Yankees.

And then you have to be all in on the Sox don't you?

The Blue Jays need to win a lot to catch the Red Sox if the Red Sox bats get going and they are able to put games out of reach to 'buffer' the bullpen.
What the frig is going on with Bogarts and company? We just don't see enough of the team here in Canada to get a sense. Lucky we are members of this community to get the scoop.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: orwell on September 29, 2021, 03:50:03 PM
While my wife and Fred are justifiably annoyed at Cora and some of the team, I'm hanging in with the Sox because they have a great chance to make it in a one game playoff against the Yankees.

The Blue Jays need to win a lot to catch the Red Sox if the Red Sox bats get going and they are able to put games out of reach to 'buffer' the bullpen.
What the frig is going on with Bogarts and company? We just don't see enough of the team here in Canada to get a sense. Lucky we are members of this community to get the scoop.

Orwell,  there’s some talk around that Bogaerts, a Boras client, may be looking to test Free Agency next year for Lindor/Machado $$numbers and number of years. Bloom may not wait that one out.

Sea Dog 23

On a side note, the game of baseball is so unpredictable this time of year.  When the  Brewers clinched a  playoff spot on Sunday,  their top set-up reliever, Devin Williams went home, had some drinks and broke his pitching hand punching a wall.  Won’t pitch in the playoffs, and hurts his team.

markj

Sox still depending on Orioles screwing up to get into scoring position. Eights hits against Lowther and only one run?

markj

At least they're doing something against Hanhold. Although Dalbec just K'd swinging at a dirtball.

elktonnick

Why  Brasier walks the leadoff guy a 190 hitter.  Why do Sox relievers constantly walk the leadoff batter.

markj

markj

Shaw blows a fairly easy looking pick because Xander can't throw across the diamond in the air. We'll see how Barnes handles this.

markj

Sea Dog 23

We can say that the Sox have lived for another day.  They have a pulse it seems.  Still ahead of Jays by 1 game, as they beat NY.  Still ahead of Seattle by 1/2 game, as they are ahead of A's in the 7th, only 2-1 tho.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 29, 2021, 05:10:21 PM
Quote from: orwell on September 29, 2021, 03:50:03 PM

Orwell,  there’s some talk around that Bogaerts, a Boras client, may be looking to test Free Agency next year for Lindor/Machado $$numbers and number of years. Bloom may not wait that one out.

Let's move Bogaerts out after this season.  He does not drive in enough runs, is a crappy fielder and possesses no leadership skills at all.   Kiss him goodbye to or we will regret it.  There are better SS out there in free agency and I would take any of them over this guy.

Sea Dog 23

Late in the night Mariners won their game with A’s for the sweep to stay 1/2 game behind Sox.  The gurus are saying 92 wins to make AL playoffs. Sox and M’s have 89, Jays 88. On the weekend Sox-Nats, Jays-O’s, M’s at home with Angels.  Of note Sale could pitch Sunday for Sox and Angels have said they will not pitch Ohtani against Mariners as scheduled.

Jays probably need to beat Yanks today to stay in the chase. Sox play 4 more games, M’s 3 more. Looks like it’s going to the wire.

Bill-806

AS DAD WOULD SAY , "WELL SON, YA GOT TO LOVE OUR RED SOX ,  STILL ALIVE " !!!! THANKS TORONTO TOO !!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl rofl