GAME #157 - TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by markj, September 27, 2021, 10:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Yikes.  Seattle wins again. Just 1/2 game out of the second wild card with both Sox and Jays losing.

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on September 28, 2021, 08:37:18 PM
Sox are just pathetic. Raffy with a blown throw to first prolongs the inning, and the O's take advantage. Sox down 4-2. It's like they just want to play out the string and go golfing.
THE "ALL WORLD " 3RD BASEMAN !!!  TAKE " A DEEP BREATH" !!! CHANGES COMING, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!!! thumb_d iono sigh sigh sigh

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 28, 2021, 09:11:30 PM
TO ME IT IS THE BEST CHANCE WE HAVE OF GETTING CORA AND HIS HORSE DUNG OVER MANAGING FIRED.  HE NEEDS TO GO.  THIS COLLAPSE MAY DO IT. And this is a collapse that will rank a little below that of 2011.  We have disgraced ourselves and heads must roll.  This is now very shitty team and if Prune Face is not going to open up his friggin wallet he should sell the team and hand it over to someone who will spend the money it takes to get the winning type players that will restore our respect.  And as Isaid the other day we do not deserve to make the playoffs.
NOW GRASSHOPPER !!!!!  JASON VERITEK , MANAGER !!!!! CLEAN UP THAT MESS !!! thumb_u iono iono

longgame

I'd be surprised if they dumped Cora but not overly so.  I think they have their player targets and will move on those.  Clearly they need to give any manager a lineup of guys who have played the position before and not with 17 outfielders.  Secondly they need to address the dismal pitching performances that seem to go in streaks from the rotation to the bullpen.

I'm just tired of these Red Sox collapses.  The good news is now that every few years they put it together and make it work as opposed to merely coming close as they did pre-2004.  But time after time I've seen the Red Sox in good shape, only to collapse in the stretch.  Too many late season losses to the Yankees in those years.  Missing every opportunity to put teams behind them.  A four game losing streak in the last week of the season is not acceptable for an alleged contender.

Our "best" bet may be to root for the Yankees to knock out Toronto and hope to beat the Yankees in a playoff game, but that would require a) hitting and b) not throwing hangers out over the plate to Stanton. 

Sea Dog 23

The Sox seem to have lost all confidence they can win.  Maybe they can beat losing teams like Balty and Nats, but when they have to match up with a contender or a team with a winning record, things go badly.  I think in Sept the Sox are something like 6-13 vs teams with winning records.  That means in those games they must solve a quality pitcher, face a team that can defend and doesn't make stupid decisions/errors and then when they come to bat have some big bats we have to pitch to.

Meanwhile teams are streaking near the playoffs, NYY 7-straight, the Cardinals 17-straight, the Mariners 9 of 10.  The Sox are streaking in the wrong direction of course.  There is no Ortiz in the dugout to settle these nervous nellies down, I doubt Sale is striking a calm tone after last nights collapse, if he is the one the guys are looking up to.

SeaBeachFred

Good to know my friends on the board are getting the message loud and clear.  I didn't think Cora's worthless platitudes and our dismal standing tall as a team would fool he people here.  Cora is a rotten cheater and who knows if the God sof Fate aren't punishing him for his rotten conduct and Prune Face for being a cheap bastard.  It will be interesting to see if the owner will finally open his wallet let the mouths out and get us some real pitching, a leader or two instead of pretending that choker Bogaerts is one---which he most certainly isn't and never will be.  As we used to say long ago in Brooklyn,  wait till next year----maybe.