5. Joey Gallo (L) LF
6. Gleyber Torres (R) 2B
7. Gary Sanchez (R) C
8. Rougned Odor (L) 3B
9. Gio Urshela (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 70°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

markj

Sox get a freebie from the Yanks, courtesy of a wild pitch. Now 2-0 Sox.

markj

Bases loaded, one out, and all they get is a freebie from a wild pitch. Then back to back K's. I don't get why the Sox, seemingly more than any other team, swing at crappy pitches well out of the strike zone after watching one or two pitches over the plate go sailing by.

markj

Robles returns the favor and gives up a freebie run courtesy of a wild pitch.

longgame

Whatever the pitching coaching staff is doing with the bullpen, it's not working.  The Sox need to find a way to end this plague of relievers who can't throw strikes.  Houck the latest casualty of this illness.

markj

Twice today I saw Hernandez watch two strikes go by and then K on a ball.

markj

Like someone flipped a switch, suddenly Houck can't throw a strike after K-ing the first two batters.

markj

Now Darwinzon can't throw a damn strike. What the hell is wrong with these guys? Bases loaded all on walks. All with two outs already gone.

longgame

markj

You had to know that was coming. Granny by Stanton. Geez, I give up. Two outs and they give up 3 straight walks and then boom, game over.

markj

MongoLikeSox

Cora's loss. Nobody didn't expect anything different. How many times does he have to be made to look like an absolute idiot before he stops pushing him to the mound when the game is on the line?

Just pathetic. That's not even talking about sending Houck back out.

Eck said it was a shocker just now. Nope.

elktonnick

Cora consistently mismanages the bullpen.  Why can't these pitchers throw strikes. 

MongoLikeSox

Is Taylor injured? I'm still searching for the why part. No sense at all.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 25, 2021, 05:56:22 PM
Twice today I saw Hernandez watch two strikes go by and then K on a ball.

markj, This is why Hernandez was never a regular with the Dodgers.  He is a utility man playing out of place and is the reason we will never win with him as a steady player.  He is a very good utility man playing all over the diamond BUT HE IS NO TA REGULAR, NEVER HAS BEEN AND NEVER WILL BE.  That's on Cora, the "smartest  man in the room".  Kiki took a little long to be exposed but there it is.