5. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
6. Hunter Renfroe (R) RF
7. Marwin Gonzalez (S) SS
8. Danny Santana (S) 1B
9. Connor Wong (R) C

Gametime Temp: 80°F
Chance of Precip: 4%

markj

Gonna be some tired folks playing today after the late finish last night.

rkarp

you ask yourself why did they resume, but then see the Yankees delayed twice, and then blew a 9th nning lead with Chapman on the mound!
that's why they resume!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: rkarp on July 01, 2021, 08:33:42 AM
you ask yourself why did they resume, but then see the Yankees delayed twice, and then blew a 9th nning lead with Chapman on the mound!
that's why they resume!

Most Red Sox were worried about what could transpire with the rain delay like whether our bullpen would hold up and how the rain could slow us down.  Fortunately our relievers were solid and it was the Yankees who got burned by the weather.  I hate rain delays as most fans do but so far they haven't hurt us from what my memory is telling me this season.

longgame

Quote from: rkarp on July 01, 2021, 08:33:42 AM
that's why they resume!

Good point.  I was surprised when we went to the rain delay that the Yankee game was only in the 4th inning.  Even more surprised when i saw they lost.

longgame

Maybe some rain moving in later.  The Yankees have postponed their game, but I think its for fear of another ass-whooping.

longgame

Kiki leads off with a HR - 1-0 Sox! 

He sure has been hot lately, I hope it's a matter of him settling in and we see this consistently. 

MongoLikeSox

Why bother getting on base when you can just skip over them? Right? Make the game easy.  ;D

OK - for some mid-game conversation. I'm not suggesting this as some fantastical trade proposal. That said, what do you suppose it would take to land Merrifield from the Royals? He signed a team-friendly extension deal a couple years back. 6.75M this year, 2.75 next and a team option of $10.5M for 2023. I'm guessing it would take more than sending Franchy back, right?  rofl

damn DP

longgame

Santana goes deep - 5-0 Sox!

Tell KC we'll throw in a slew of relievers.

longgame

Raffy too.  12-0.  They'll be feeling good flying across the country tonight!  I think this is 3 out of the past 4 games they've hit 4 homers.

markj

15-1. Hope they didn't use up all their offense for the rest of the week.

longgame

I had the game on the TV downstairs so I could hear it but worked right through the day.  Just kept hearing the rise of the crowd or O'Brien's voice as they kept rolling all day.

Oakland are a bit better than KC and seem to have our number lately.  Should be a good series. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 01, 2021, 12:35:24 PM
Why bother getting on base when you can just skip over them? Right? Make the game easy.  ;D

OK - for some mid-game conversation. I'm not suggesting this as some fantastical trade proposal. That said, what do you suppose it would take to land Merrifield from the Royals? He signed a team-friendly extension deal a couple years back. 6.75M this year, 2.75 next and a team option of $10.5M for 2023. I'm guessing it would take more than sending Franchy back, right?  rofl

damn DP

Mongo, swear to the heavens I was thinking exactly the same thing less than an hour ago as I went over the box score on my phone.  Merrifield would tie down second base for us for years and is young enough to play at high level for longer than that.  It might cost us Downs, a young pitcher and another prospect.  The Royals need to rebuild and some of their regulars are getting long in the tooth with little in the way of success to show for it.  I think it would really make our team better.  The guy can hit, field, run the bases and is a Pedroia-type player. I hope Bloom is thinking along those lines as we are.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 01, 2021, 03:36:50 PM
I had the game on the TV downstairs so I could hear it but worked right through the day.  Just kept hearing the rise of the crowd or O'Brien's voice as they kept rolling all day.

Oakland are a bit better than KC and seem to have our number lately.  Should be a good series.

We've had some trouble with the A's the past few years going back to 2019 and it is time to put a stop to that Last place Texas handled them today and last night in the A's' own park and we should be able to hold our own if the long plane ride doesn't debilitate us----which it shouldn't..