Chance of Precip: 6%

MongoLikeSox

Schloicka

MongoLikeSox

markj

markj

markj

markj

Barnes K's the side. Nicely done. Sox with another good effort for the win.

Schloicka

markj

Back on game 41 (quarter of the way through the season), the Sox had 25 wins. I jokingly asked if that meant they could have a 100 win season. Tomorrow is game 81, halfway through the season. If the Sox win, it'll be their 50th win. Maybe 100 wins is indeed possible.

MongoLikeSox

Count me amongst those who didn't think the Sox were going to do well with that end of May and June schedule that was facing them. I think I froze some of that Crow from earlier in the year.

I'm glad the Sox picked up Pivetta tonight. His last start deserved a much better result. The ups and downs of a season. 

SeaBeachFred

Earlier when we hit the pitchers didn't pitch well, then it was the other way around for awhile.  Yet we were able to win most of those games.  Would be nice if we could combine sound pitching with solid hitting so we can keep our record impressive as we head into the dog days of the season starting in July.  A decent win tonight certainly helped.

Sea Dog 23

The Sox hitting has picked up, yes.  Even Santana and Dalbec.  Im curious how much the new rules on stick 'em ban has affected the outbreak in batting  Pitchers are getting field checked one or more times between innings.  The college pitichers are not getting checked.
Our draft pitching targets at Vandy, Leiter and Rocker, are blowing away batters.  Could also be MLB pitchers getting wilted after almost half the season gone.

The new addition to the staff Rios, has had two good games.  He really has some zip on the ball.  Yes, small sample, as he did bring in a 4.80 era.

longgame

They seem to find ways to win which is what it takes.  Last night was an easy game to lose but they kept coming back and this bullpen continues to be a strength.  Keep this streak going.  As Mark said, a win tonight puts them on pace for 100.  I would have been shocked if someone told me we'd be in first place at the halfway point. 

rkarp

the entire roster is contributing to winning. sure, some more so than others, but everyone is contributing.
I saw Franchy getting some practice time at 1B. could Franchy for Santana be on the way? would Santana accept the demotion and go down to 3A and find his swing?
Dalbac with a decent June.
not sure what else Duran has to prove in 3A?
Sale, Houck and Brazier with fresh arms would be most welcome in July.