GAME #29 - SUNDAY, MAY 2, 2021 - BOSTON RED SOX @ TEXAS RANGERS

Started by markj, May 02, 2021, 08:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

The Holt thing was, IMHO, swinging the pendulum too far in the direction of the new-school line of thinking that doesn't hold the whole gets hits and good things happen concept of team baseball. Live by the HR, die by the HR. See the last few WS winners for proof. 

You don't even have to go back to that. Just go back to this series and the Seattle series. Good, solid baseball beats us. There is a difference and I am not fully convinced Bloom knows this.

The benny thing, I hope, I mean I REALLY REALLY hope is not yet understood in it's return yet. 

Fred, I agree, too, about the Chavis thing. He did what he was told and did so beyond expectations. Congratulations, because that got you a spot on the Inaugural WooSox roster. Feel free to smirk at any mention of management credibility, young Michael. (Just don't let the press see you do it...)

Sea Dog 23

The Sox did some light work in the office today.  They got a Seattle relief pitch off waivers.

Boston has claimed right-handed pitcher Brandon Brennan off of waivers from the Seattle Mariners. The Red Sox, per a team press release, promptly optioned Brennan to Triple-A Worcester. Ryan Brasier was moved to the 60-day injured list to make room for the 29-year-old on the 40-man roster.

Brennan had been at the Mariners’ alternate training site prior to his designation for assignment April 28. He appeared in a combined 49 games — all out of the bullpen — with Seattle dating back to 2019, compiling a 4.45 ERA over 54 2/3 innings. A strained left oblique limited Brennan to five appearances last season.

The Red Sox have Monday off after dropping three of four games in Texas against the Rangers. Boston returns to action Tuesday when the club opens a three-game set against the Detroit Tigers at Fenway Park.

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on May 03, 2021, 04:56:43 PM
The Holt thing was, IMHO, swinging the pendulum too far in the direction of the new-school line of thinking that doesn't hold the whole gets hits and good things happen concept of team baseball. Live by the HR, die by the HR. See the last few WS winners for proof. 

You don't even have to go back to that. Just go back to this series and the Seattle series. Good, solid baseball beats us. There is a difference and I am not fully convinced Bloom knows this.

The benny thing, I hope, I mean I REALLY REALLY hope is not yet understood in it's return yet. 

Fred, I agree, too, about the Chavis thing. He did what he was told and did so beyond expectations. Congratulations, because that got you a spot on the Inaugural WooSox roster. Feel free to smirk at any mention of management credibility, young Michael. (Just don't let the press see you do it...)

Well said Mongo.  You have to wonder if Bloom would have held on to Holt as he seems to be his kind of player - versatile and head in the game at all times.  Not to mention how much the fans love him.  I really think they did a disservice by essentially dismantling the 2018 team. 

Chavis had been shaky, but maybe being sent down was just what he needed.  We know he's another fan favorite and has a knack for a big hit.

Fred mentioned Dalbec, I'm more willing to be patient with the kid than I am with Franchy who simply stinks.