5. Miguel Sano (R) DH
6. Luis Arraez (L) 3B
7. Willians Astudillo (R) 1B
8. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS
9. Jake Cave (L) RF

Gametime Temp: 35°F
Chance of Precip: 8%

markj

35F is no weather for playing baseball. MLB really needs to rethink some of their spring scheduling.

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on April 13, 2021, 09:06:19 AM
35F is no weather for playing baseball. MLB really needs to rethink some of their spring scheduling.
Get a large pot of MOM's famous CHICKEN SOUP ready in the locker room ....... SOX down 2-zip in the 4th ...... iono iono iono iono iono iono iono

Sea Dog 23

The pitching matchup today is Happ vs Perez.

Perez was his own worst enemy in the 1st.
2 runs on 1 hit and 2 BB.

Sox got a run back in the 4th on a blast by Renfroe. 2-1.

BoSoxFanNY

Dalbec tied the game a few batter AFTER
Hunter Renfro's homer.
2 - 2

Sea Dog 23

Dalbec doubles home another run in the 8th for the lead.  Devers goes deep in the 9th.  4-2.

For some reason Cora pitched Ottavino in the 7th, Darwinzon in the 8th (?).  It's Barnes turn to close it.

BoSoxFanNY

7 wins in a row!
Sox beat the Twins 4 - 2.
Bobby Dalbec had 2 RBIs

Matt Barnes gets a 1-2-3 outs bottom of the 9th inning
to secure the win.

Schloicka

Perez didn't pitch great but kept the team in it only giving up 2 runs in 5 innings. The relievers looked pretty good. Got just enough offense. A win is a win.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 13, 2021, 09:06:19 AM

Rethink????  It would take people with a workable brain to see the forest from the trees when it comes to scheduling.  There is no way Minnesota should be getting home games in early and mid April. Hell it was snowing during the game today and it supposed to be colder tomorrow.  Kudos to our guys for coming back and winning in the 8th and 9th inning, and, yes, an extra kudo to Barnes.  So far, he has shut my mouth and pitched very well.  Hope I don't regret saying that and jinxing him.  DH tomorrow and I would like to see us at least win one of the games.   Two would be better but can't complain because the Sox have been playing well even with some mental and defensive lapses.

Sea Dog 23

The Sox are making some player moves ahead of the weekend series with White Sox.  Today Eduard Bazardo is being flown in to  beef up the staff in the double header.  He has never pitched a big league game.  Interestingly Bazardo was chosen ahead of Brewer and Weber who are travelling with the Sox on the 'taxi squad'.

In Saturday Tanner Houck is being called up to start against the ChiSox.  The reasoning, all the starters are short of their normal rest and off-days.

Bill-806

WOW !!! Good stuff !!!!  PINCH ME !!!!  Keep going, one game at a time !!!!! thumb_u thumb_u rofl rofl rofl

longgame

Another good win and on to a doubleheader today.  Should be a good pitching matchup with Maeda v Eovaldi.  Yesterday was impressive.  Perez has had shaky starts (I noticed he and Sawamura in particular seemed to be having a hard time with the cold), but he settles down.  The difference this year vs last year is Perez is a 4 or 5, last year he was our second best starter.  If our bottom of the rotation guys give us 5IP and 2 ER we're doing well.

The LA boys are sucking wind (Hernandez and Verdugo).  Verdugo has some great raw skills but needs to learn how to have successful at bats.  He just comes up there swinging, no plan, seemingly no consideration of what he wants to do in the at bat.  Hernandez I just don't think is a particularly good ballplayer but we'll have to see. 

Devers with 4 games in a row with a homer.  If he could only catch the ball!

Murph

Barnes has retired 18 of 19 batters this season, 12 by strikeout. 79 pitches, 62 strikes