5. Rio Ruiz (L) 2B
6. Austin Hays (R) LF
7. Maikel Franco (R) 3B
8. Freddy Galvis (S) SS
9. Pedro Severino (R) C

Gametime Temp: 41°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

elktonnick

It isn't the pitching that has hurt the Red Sox thus far but their piss poor defense.  I have seen virtually every game Devers has played since he has come up.  His defensive lapses aren't physical but virtually all mental.  If he isn't rushing throws he cuts off his shortstop from making a routine play.  But he isn't the only one.  Overall the Red Sox defense sucks.

Murph

Sox lose to the mighty Os showing us all that ST stats and Ws don`t mean all that much.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on April 03, 2021, 01:47:22 PM
It isn't the pitching that has hurt the Red Sox thus far but their piss poor defense.  I have seen virtually every game Devers has played since he has come up.  His defensive lapses aren't physical but virtually all mental.  If he isn't rushing throws he cuts off his shortstop from making a routine play.  But he isn't the only one.  Overall the Red Sox defense sucks.

Devers has become a sieve at third base and unless he hits 40-45 homers and drives in 125 runs he is a liability in the field----and he wouldn't be any better playing any other position either despite all this bullshit talk about making him a first baseman.  What happens then to Tristan Casas?  Is he then another No. 1 draft choice who goes by the boards.    One more thing I have mentioned here and on Boston Red Sox Forums.  VERDUGO CANNOT HIT IN THE NO. 2 POSITION----FOR WHATEVER REASON.  He hit leadoff last year most of the time and hit 308.  When he hit second he did nothing, and didn't do much hitting second in ST.  I've come to believe that Cora is a stubborn bastard trying to push a boulder up a hill despite all failure to do so.  This team for the last two plus seasons has been a disgrace and many Red Sox fans like me are starting to think the front office doesn't really give a shit about putting the best people on the field.  Franchy French Fry who was  talked about ridiculously by the front office and possibly being another Ortiz type has failed with two  teams already, cannot field worth shit, and much of the time can't stay on th e field.  Most likely we get swept tomorrow with this seemingly band of  turds making one mistake after another in the field, failing to drive home runs when they are on the bases, pitchers who can't seem to pitch clean innings.  Maybe this will all change but I can't help feeling there are many Red Sox fans like myself who are starting to lose interest in our team.  If the front office doesn't give a shit why should we???????

elktonnick

Quote from: Murph on April 03, 2021, 03:17:26 PM
Sox lose to the mighty Os showing us all that ST stats and Ws don`t mean all that much.

I had to watch the games on the Orioles broadcast due to blackout rules.  According to the O's announcers, MLB did not use the new baseballs during ST.  So they did not start to use the the new balls until opening day.  This means all those ST homer numbers were totally bogus.

Murph

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 03, 2021, 03:18:18 PM

Devers has become a sieve at third base and unless he hits 40-45 homers and drives in 125 runs he is a liability in the field----and he wouldn't be any better playing any other position either despite all this bullshit talk about making him a first baseman.  What happens then to Tristan Casas?  Is he then another No. 1 draft choice who goes by the boards.    One more thing I have mentioned here and on Boston Red Sox Forums.  VERDUGO CANNOT HIT IN THE NO. 2 POSITION----FOR WHATEVER REASON.  He hit leadoff last year most of the time and hit 308.  When he hit second he did nothing, and didn't do much hitting second in ST.  I've come to believe that Cora is a stubborn bastard trying to push a boulder up a hill despite all failure to do so.  This team for the last two plus seasons has been a disgrace and many Red Sox fans like me are starting to think the front office doesn't really give a shit about putting the best people on the field.  Franchy French Fry who was  talked about ridiculously by the front office and possibly being another Ortiz type has failed with two  teams already, cannot field worth shit, and much of the time can't stay on th e field.  Most likely we get swept tomorrow with this seemingly band of  turds making one mistake after another in the field, failing to drive home runs when they are on the bases, pitchers who can't seem to pitch clean innings.  Maybe this will all change but I can't help feeling there are many Red Sox fans like myself who are starting to lose interest in our team.  If the front office doesn't give a shit why should we???????

Fred , before the season started just how many games did you seriously think this team would win?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Murph on April 03, 2021, 04:40:02 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 03, 2021, 03:18:18 PM

Fred , before the season started just how many games did you seriously think this team would win?

Call me naive  Murph if you wish but I actually did believe we could go 82-80 and gain a measure of vindication for 2020's bum season.  On paper we do have some decent talent and if is possible that it could all mesh together, and, after all, it has only been two games.  However, from what I have seen so far we look somewhat disjointed and the Orioles aren't any way considered to be a real threat to anyone in the league this season.  Right now though I think a lot of my colleagues on this board are having a good laugh at my expense and if this keeps up those laughs will get louder and more onerous.   But I hope not.

Sea Dog 23

It's only two games, yes.  But we are still #2 in payroll, and we didn't go hard after Ozuna, Lemahieu, Springer and the strong pitchers because of the tax, period.  What we got is all we could afford.  I hope the fans keep buying tickets.