5. Hunter Renfroe (R) RF
6. Brandon Lowe (L) 2B
7. Willy Adames (R) SS
8. Kevan Smith (R) C
9. Joey Wendle (L) 3B

Gametime Temp: 84°F
Chance of Precip: 64%

Sea Dog 23

The pitching names are almost unrecogziable these days.  I saw that Eovaldi did a bullpen outing in Philly and could pitch early next week.  Brewer and Hart are on the IL.  Darwinzon is improving from his shoulder ailment and could pitch soon.  But looking at the calendar,  soon is running out.

Munoz, who was 10-21 batting in his first several games, has made a quick recovery and could be available to pinch hit today.  Pawlicki is still bruised up after getting hit when batting, but seems ready to back up Vaz.

Matt Hall, Gruillo, and Peraza have been optioned to the alternate site.  Expect another pitcher to be promoted to join Arroyo who plays the IF. Probably the end of the line for Peraza, who batted .225 and just did not meet expectations.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 10, 2020, 06:27:08 AM
The pitching names are almost unrecogziable these days.  I saw that Eovaldi did a bullpen outing in Philly and could pitch early next week.  Brewer and Hart are on the IL.  Darwinzon is improving from his shoulder ailment and could pitch soon.  But looking at the calendar,  soon is running out.

Munoz, who was 10-21 batting in his first several games, has made a quick recovery and could be available to pinch hit today.  Pawlicki is still bruised up after getting hit when batting, but seems ready to back up Vaz.

Matt Hall, Gruillo, and Peraza have been optioned to the alternate site.  Expect another pitcher to be promoted to join Arroyo who plays the IF. Probably the end of the line for Peraza, who batted .225 and just did not meet expectations.

Peraza did NOT meet expectations???????????  What a real @#$%&:?Z% surprise.  I said that last winter when we got him.  You do not take someone else's reject and expect him to come and shine for us just because he wears that Boston uniform.  We have never had that kind of magic.  The guy lost his position with the last place Reds last season, sulked on the bench and then was told by Cincy that they didn't want him anymore----AND WE SIGNED HIM THINKING HE WAS THE ANSWER AT SECOND BASE?  HOW EFEN DUMB ARE OUR COACHES AND FRONT OFFICE PERSONNEL?????  This has been one gigantic cluster@#$% by a bunch of morons running our team.

longgame

He looked good for a few games and then remembered who he was.

BTW, who'd ever have thought that a series with Rays would mean an almost certain sweep of the Sox?

Sea Dog 23

Kikham is making his first MLB start in 7 years (2013).  Last week another guy for us dusted off the cobwebs after 6 years.  Our coaches must be magical.  Or like Fred says, maybe not.

In the 3rd Raffy follows a Verdugo single with a 2-run blast.  2-0.  What is wrong with JDM?  Mired in a slump, leaving men on base, a carry over from Philly.

BoSoxFanNY

SeaBeachFred

I'll tell all of you what I noticed again tonight in our 4-3 win----an almost another blown save by the meatball Barnes.  He walks the first batter and eventually after two outs wild pitches him to third. He does strike the next guy out to end the game and give us a win but if this is the best we can get from the guy time after time his percentage of successful closes will hover around 40-50%.  We cannot have such a guy as closer especially since I think he is mentally flawed  in the toughness department to be the guy we need to end games----unless we want to end them on the wrong end of the score.

I might also mention that this win tonight helped the Yankees more than it did us except perhaps in the mental health department.

Sea Dog 23

We did establish the strike zone in this game.  12 K's  over the first 6+ innings.  17 for the game.  Except for the two homerun lapse in the 4th, Kickham did well out there.

I think they keep Barnes for 21 and use him as a the 7th inning man.  He'll come cheap.  Spend about 10-12 mil on a quality closer.  As y'all have said, Barnes doesn't have the moxy to go out there in the 9th. I have a feeling Bloom is going to have a boatload of bodies in the pen next year.  Openers, followers, hopefully they will know how to repeat their delivery.

longgame

The bullpen will be a circus come Spring Training for sure.  I would think they have to add another starter at least.  They need a 4th OF and relief valve should Beni still stink.  It may be getting close to the end for JDM since apparently he's going to sulk the rest of his career about not having video.  Dalbec sure is making a case to be the 1B forever.  Chavis is  a weak link and needs to start hitting if he wants to nail down 2B next year. 

elktonnick

I think you hit the nail on the head about JDM sulking about not having the crutch with the video.  He looked pathetic at the plate last night.  I can not see him opting out. In any case he needs to stop feeling sorry for himself and pull himself together or he will sulk his way out of baseball.

Sea Dog 23

Speaking of the future of Sox pitching, Tanner Houck the #1 pick in '17 made the trip to Tampa.  RR hinted there may be an opportunity there or vs Marlins.  He seems to be groomed as a reliever.  Other guys like Ward and Groom with the TJ  are 2-3 years off I guess.

SeaBeachFred

Will someone please explain to me if they can what Roenicke was up to again tonight.  He starts Trigss, get one inning our of him with no runs and immediately goes out there and gives up four runs on six hits in the next two.  The guy  entered the game with an 18.69 ERA, most likely the worst of the worst bunch of relievers we've ever had.  Why does R R continually do this.  Does he have a death wish or has he been told buy the prune that he's safe for next season no mat ter how madly he screws up this season?

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 11, 2020, 07:57:33 PM
Will someone please explain to me if they can what Roenicke was up to again tonight.  He starts Trigss, get one inning our of him with no runs and immediately goes out there and gives up four runs on six hits in the next two.  The guy  entered the game with an 18.69 ERA, most likely the worst of the worst bunch of relievers we've ever had.  Why does R R continually do this.  Does he have a death wish or has he been told buy the prune that he's safe for next season no mat ter how madly he screws up this season?

Fred, this is dejar vu all over again.  Tonight's disaster is the same Matt Hall that gave up 6 runs to the Jays on one inning last Sunday.  RR has a mental block with this guy.  And he should find another job in accounting or some such.  He is not manager material.