5. Travis Shaw (L) 3B
6. Lourdes Gurriel Jr. (R) LF
7. Joe Panik (L) 2B
8. Caleb Joseph (R) C
9. Derek Fisher (L) RF

Gametime Temp: 77°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

elktonnick

RR refuses to take a pitcher out in the 5th when it was obvious that he had lost it,  result nuclear inning for the Jays.   RR is the perfect manager for this club, an inept manager for an inept ball club.

Sea Dog 23

I'd say Roenicke needs to be put on notice.  Bringing in these crap relievers like Hall with an 11.7 era will get him fired. Six runs in the 5th after the starter had given us a decent working margin.

BoSoxFanNY

DANG IT
Sox lose to the Jays 10 - 8.

Game started off well with a 3 run home run
by Plawecki in the bottom of the first inning.

Triggs pitched 3 innings allowing only 1 run.
THEN Roenicke takes him out . . .
Hall allows 6 runs

Sox battled back, but once again
left lots of men on base.

THE only silver lining with losing to the Jays
is that they jumped ahead of the Yankees in the standings.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on September 06, 2020, 02:47:11 PM
RR refuses to take a pitcher out in the 5th when it was obvious that he had lost it,  result nuclear inning for the Jays.   RR is the perfect manager for this club, an inept manager for an inept ball club.

Elk and Dan---Roenicke did the same thing last night too, and has done that at least eight or nine times this truncated season.  The guy simply has no concept how to use pitchers.  Why not let them gofive  or six IF they are pitching well because it seems just about every time we turn over a rare lead to the bullpen there is an arson display b y those inept bums who come into the game. After thef damage becomes beyond reach  only then does RR wake up and take him out.  My God, I don't want this bum around next season.  Surely there is a good young managerial candidate Bloom can find for our team.

elktonnick

In virtually every game our brain dead manager makes a dumb move or fails to make a move at a crucial juncture.  So far in forty games RR has demonstrated singular lack of judgment.  The theory going around Boston is that Henry knows this season would be a bust pandemic or not and decided to go the cheap route and not do a thorough search for a manager.  RR is merely a seat warmer.  I do not know if that theory is true or not but in any case RR is winning any fans.  Steve Lyons could hardly hide his disdain for the way the pitchers were handled during the post game show on NESN.  When the home team's analysts start criticizing you know you are in trouble.

Bill-806

PITCHING , PITCHING, PITCHING = CANCEL, CANCEL, CANCEL !!!!! sigh sigh sigh sigh iono iono iono iono iono iono iono thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d thumb_d :losers :losers :losers :losers rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sea Dog 23

From Boston.com, choosing Hall to pitch Sunday took some shuffling.  He wasn't even on the 30 man roster.  The pitching really is on life support with 3 weeks to go.

"Blue Jays erased a 4-1 deficit with their big fifth against reliever Matt Hall (0-2), who was recalled from the alternate training site before the game."

RR has chosen Taylor, Brice and Barnes as 9th inning  closers to replace Workman.  He values Taylor as an important piece in 2021, but said the Sox will go outside the organization for a 2021 closer.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on September 06, 2020, 06:51:52 PM
In virtually every game our brain dead manager makes a dumb move or fails to make a move at a crucial juncture.  So far in forty games RR has demonstrated singular lack of judgment.  The theory going around Boston is that Henry knows this season would be a bust pandemic or not and decided to go the cheap route and not do a thorough search for a manager.  RR is merely a seat warmer.  I do not know if that theory is true or not but in any case RR is winning any fans.  Steve Lyons could hardly hide his disdain for the way the pitchers were handled during the post game show on NESN.  When the home team's analysts start criticizing you know you are in trouble.

He has a peculiar knack for making the wrong move.  I always had some idea what former managers would do.  Francona would test guys out early in the year, let them get out of (or into) jams, etc., but come late August he'd manage every game to win.  Cora played a lot of hunches but did pretty well with them for the most part.  But RR's hunches or strategy or whatever it is that guides him, are wrong every single time.  I mentioned the other day that I'm surprised at the (rightly deserved) level of criticism this team is getting from both the game and studio commentators at NESN.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 07, 2020, 09:17:15 AM
From Boston.com, choosing Hall to pitch Sunday took some shuffling.  He wasn't even on the 30 man roster.  The pitching really is on life support with 3 weeks to go.

"Blue Jays erased a 4-1 deficit with their big fifth against reliever Matt Hall (0-2), who was recalled from the alternate training site before the game."

RR has chosen Taylor, Brice and Barnes as 9th inning  closers to replace Workman.  He values Taylor as an important piece in 2021, but said the Sox will go outside the organization for a 2021 closer.

I don't like hearing that Dan because it sounds to me that Roenicke thinks he will be back next year and that must not happen unless the bum is relegated to a roving instructor down in Class "A" or Rookie Ball.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 07, 2020, 10:57:41 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on September 06, 2020, 06:51:52 PM

He has a peculiar knack for making the wrong move.  I always had some idea what former managers would do.  Francona would test guys out early in the year, let them get out of (or into) jams, etc., but come late August he'd manage every game to win.  Cora played a lot of hunches but did pretty well with them for the most part.  But RR's hunches or strategy or whatever it is that guides him, are wrong every single time.  I mentioned the other day that I'm surprised at the (rightly deserved) level of criticism this team is getting from both the game and studio commentators at NESN.

To that I might ask if Henry is hearing the barrage of criticism from the announcers during the game and post game.  Perhaps he is or maybe he is ensconced on his yacht with his brie, wine and cheese buddies and is taking the season off.  If so someone had better wake the prune up.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 07, 2020, 02:38:14 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 07, 2020, 09:17:15 AM

I don't like hearing that Dan because it sounds to me that Roenicke thinks he will be back next year and that must not happen unless the bum is relegated to a roving instructor down in Class "A" or Rookie Ball.

Fred, the article I read was somewhat rambling.  RR stated how he would finish Sept with the staff.  The writer, I think, inferred that management would put together next year's staff without RRs assistance. Hopefully he will be histoire by Oct 1.

I saw one opinion that Henry would not pursue Springer or Ozuna as free agents because of big contracts they are sure to get.  Like some here think, we'll be around a .500 club next year.  Too bad we dont have a good farm to draw from.  Thanks, DD.

longgame

That's disappointing.  Ozuna clearly likes Fenway, Springer of course is a New England guy.  I'm not saying they should sign either of them, but the Sox better be in the market for top free agents this next time around, on both sides of the ball.  No excuses from ownership about having to pay for their past mistakes.  They need to impress in the offseason or nobody will be watching in 2021.