Patrick Bailey (S) C
Jorge Soler (R) DH
Thairo Estrada (R) 2B
Mike Yastrzemski (L) RF
Nick Ahmed (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 49F
Chance of Precip: 3%

Sea Dog 23

We might see a new face at 1B tonight.  No doubt Yaz will be out there for SF.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 30, 2024, 02:56:58 PMWe might see a new face at 1B tonight.  No doubt Yaz will be out there for SF.

Cooper at 1B.  Grissom and Yoshida sitting.  O'Neill is DH'ing but you'd think the lefty Yoshida would be in there over Refsnyder.  They seem to be really down on the guy.  Yaz in RF (come on, play him in left!).  I'll bet he'll get a big cheer.  Will Carl throw out the first pitch again?

Sea Dog 23

Duran is coming out of his slump last two games.  Good start for him and the top of the lineup.

markj

I gotta say, I'm somewhat stunned that this team finds ways to win. Certainly the starting pitching is better than expected.

SeaBeachFred

A nice win tonight.  Good pitching and decent hitting.  Let's hope that leads to another series  win.

longgame

I can't imagine any of us had them 4 games over .500 at the end of April.  Pitching has been amazing, even with 3 out of 5 starters on the IL.  We lost Story and didn't have Devers for a while and they are hitting (although seem to be prone to shutdowns).  The spark provided by guys like Abreu, not to mention Refsnyder and the offensive production they're getting out of the catcher spot. 

Now the question is can they trade Yoshida to fill a real need since he is not needed on this club?  Third biggest salary on the team and he doesn't play.  Every single position player on the 40 man roster is on the 26 man roster.  They still need help.