Season starts a week from tomorrow

Started by longgame, March 20, 2024, 11:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Doesn't feel like it.  At least it's spring!

Sea Dog 23

The West coast swing is manageable for a team with a few questionmarks starting out.  Getting off to .500 on the way back east would be a good result.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on March 20, 2024, 03:24:42 PMThe West coast swing is manageable for a team with a few questionmarks starting out.  Getting off to .500 on the way back east would be a good result.

Except that they'll be starting games at the time they've been going to bed for the last few weeks.

elktonnick

Red Sox teams have not done well on the West Coast, historically.

SeaBeachFred

My second team is the Cubs and I have a sneaking suspicion that I might be watching them more than the Red Sox this season.  I still don't know why John Henry is so cheap that he cannot find his way to sign Montgomery.  Thinking about our fourth last place finish coming in the past five seasons is sickening on the face of i t.

longgame

With emphasis on tonight.  Usually I'm fired up for Opening Day, plan my day around it to watch what is usually a day game.  It's one thing to have a West Coast swing to start the season, but quite another to have Opening Day at 10 PM.  I'll be lucky if I make it a few innings, but there's just no buzz.  Hopefully they'll hit and give us some entertainment.

MongoLikeSox

Have we had our annual win predictions conversation yet? I looked earlier today and didn't find it.

Sea Dog 23

I'm not sure that I have posted, but I put down 70 wins.  At the time, that was based on Breslow trying to unload Martin and Jansen from the back end and then passing on all the free agent pitchers once Gio went down.  At the same time they were trying to discard Duran. 

I offered 74 wins  - IF, IF, based on they're getting a Lorenzen type SP, but they ended up dumpster diving for additional arms.  They are truly punting to get to the young kids and the '25 season IMO

MongoLikeSox

Seadog, I've been on the same spot that you are. 74-88. It could be worse if any more depth is needed.

One crazy thing I heard early in the Seattle series was that Yoshida was mainly a DH in Japan. If that is true, then the signing was as foolish as it turned out to be. Baffles the mind.