GAME #77, MINNESOTA TWINS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, June 27, 2017, 02:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

No more Pompom. Pomeranz with a impressive 3.00 ERA in June.

Rob from Mass

ojdidit

I am not yet ready to go to the Crow Mart for a helping of Crow (medium well) on Pomeranz, but I am getting close.

Rob from Mass

All should feel a hell of a lot better towards Pomeranz than any SP not named Sale.I am not anointing  him a savior just pointing out to those that are concerned  that for now he looks like our #2 SP since not one else seems to want it.

longgame

Pomeranz is a solid 5 inning guy, but still have to be happy he persevered through the rain delay and came back out.  Good win for the Sox.  Maybe because Farrell was out?   ;) ;)

Rob from Mass

Quote from: longgame on June 28, 2017, 08:05:19 AM
Pomeranz is a solid 5 inning guy, but still have to be happy he persevered through the rain delay and came back out.  Good win for the Sox.  Maybe because Farrell was out?   ;) ;)

Could be right about IF not one really knows the exact answer.

Bill-806

Nice to wake up this morning with the SOX in FIRST PLACE !!!    thumb_u rofl

Schloicka

And where do you think JF was during the game or rain delay?

Bear

Probably in the dugout.  He was allowed in the stands. iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on June 27, 2017, 10:48:07 PM
To bad we were stupid enough to let Vazquez and Young play. They only went 2/5 with 4 walks and 5 RBI and no strike outs. Oh wait...............

Smart ass!!!!!  OK, I'm going to wait until you say something that turns out to be incorrect and I p romise you I will be all over you like smell on  shit.  You asked for it and now you're going to get it.....right in the balls.  Be careful what you say; on the other hand, don't be.  I'll be waiting to unload on you Georgie.  And then, don't go running to mark and cry.

SeaBeachFred

Drew has been pitching very well for us and he might have turned his season around this month.  My only wish is that he could pitch into the seventh or eighth inning on occasion.  I still worry that our bullpen might be gassed by lat August.  Then, again, that could go for most of the bullpens in the league since all the teams seem to be going to their relievers more frequently this season.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on June 28, 2017, 03:26:59 PM

Drew has been pitching very well for us and he might have turned his season around this month.  My only wish is that he could pitch into the seventh or eighth inning on occasion.  I still worry that our bullpen might be gassed by lat August.  Then, again, that could go for most of the bullpens in the league since all the teams seem to be going to their relievers more frequently this season.

Correct on all points

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: Schloicka on June 28, 2017, 09:30:18 AM

He was serving a one game suspension for his altercation with the umpire
from a different game.
Sox played well without him - EVEN with two rain delays!

Schloicka

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on June 28, 2017, 04:51:09 PM

He was serving a one game suspension for his altercation with the umpire
from a different game.
Sox played well without him - EVEN with two rain delays!

I know he was serving a suspension. But you can be sure he wasn't far away.

longgame

Nowhere close since he wasn't allowed anywhere near the clubhouse.