GAME #75, LA ANGELS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, June 25, 2017, 02:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leesam01

Beni gets on.

Ramirez one pitch, one out.

Last chance.

Schloicka

Hard to win when the first 3 guys in the order have no hits or walks. Betts and Pedroia have been awful for the last few games. Add Marrero at the number 9 position and you had 4 guys in a row 9,1,2,3 who were a hole today.

Bill-806

It was a waste of Fister and as it turned out Kimbrel too......  I like the way the Angels are always looking to run & force the pitcher & defense to make mistakes..... Good luck Jerry Remey on Monday !! thumb_u

ipot

Same team as yesterday. Consistently mediocre in mediocre division. Every one who starts against this ten should get a Cy Young
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ojdidit

This Red Sox team just has not got the offense to consistenly come back late in games.  Seems that get down 2/3 runs in the seventh you might as well take a nap.

Bill-806

Quote from: ojdidit on June 25, 2017, 03:40:38 PM
This Red Sox team just has not got the offense to consistenly come back late in games.  Seems that get down 2/3 runs in the seventh you might as well take a nap.
  HAN/RAM & 3rd base is killing them....J F needs to play more small ball to get things going !!

Rob from Mass

Quote from: ipot on June 25, 2017, 03:35:31 PM
Same team as yesterday. Consistently mediocre in mediocre division. Every one who starts against this ten should get a Cy Young

Both pretenders in the ALE loss.TB just may pass both when this is all over.

Rob from Mass

This team is on paste to get 150 runs less than the 2016.
That's wha t happens when you hav e little power and depend on 3 hits for a run.

ojdidit

Quote from: Rob from Mass on June 25, 2017, 04:49:29 PM
That's wha t happens when you hav e little power and depend on 3 hits for a run.

They have a run differential of 32. Last season it was 184. Right on that pace. We (and I) may think the pitching is garbage, but they are still the top ranked staff in the league.

longgame

This was a classic John Farrell loss.  How many times are the Sox going to go into a game against a guy they've never seen and be completely baffled?  Don't they watch these guys on tape?  Don't they do a breakdown of what to expect?  Don't they come up with an approach to the game?  It just seems like if they get it all together, for the most part the starters are good enough to give them a win.  But if one little thing is off, they fall apart.  How can a team be this poor offensively at times?  The defense is so-so, at times shoddy, but this team rises and falls on whether it can manage to score more than 1 or 2 runs.  They have the talent, the coaching is letting them down.

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on June 26, 2017, 08:24:22 AM
This was a classic John Farrell loss.  How many times are the Sox going to go into a game against a guy they've never seen and be completely baffled?  Don't they watch these guys on tape?  Don't they do a breakdown of what to expect?  Don't they come up with an approach to the game?  It just seems like if they get it all together, for the most part the starters are good enough to give them a win.  But if one little thing is off, they fall apart.  How can a team be this poor offensively at times?  The defense is so-so, at times shoddy, but this team rises and falls on whether it can manage to score more than 1 or 2 runs.  They have the talent, the coaching is letting them down.
  A lot of truth to the above !!  They need to play sound fundamental baseball....  Take what the pitcher gives you and keep the defense guessing !! sigh

Rob from Mass

Quote from: ojdidit on June 25, 2017, 06:39:43 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on June 25, 2017, 04:49:29 PM

They have a run differential of 32. Last season it was 184. Right on that pace. We (and I) may think the pitching is garbage, but they are still the top ranked staff in the league.

I would think the Stros ...Tribe and the Yanks would have something to say about that.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on June 26, 2017, 08:24:22 AM

First we have to accept a couple of very uncomfortable truths.  Mookie Betts was horseshit this weekend and aside from he and his two outfield cohorts exchanging that ridiculous bump after a win he has run away from providing some leadership like it was a love grenade.  And he is NOT  a leadoff man.  He should be batting third where he might really do some damage.  Since Pedroia doesn't steal bases anymore (and he shouldn't  since every time he does he seems to get hurt) he can bat first because he has in the past and done well there (think 2007 and 2016)  Bogaerts is soft and is not tough.  To me any way, that is a fact.  He doesn't get a hit and we have to fear he will take it out to defense with him.  I no ticed how he  took his eyes off the ball on Saturday on that pickoff play  when he saw that runner coming at him.  He to me acts like he is chicken shit.  He also didn't hit worth a damn the whole weekend except for his first at bat on Friday.  This team lacks a leader and we have dead weight on the team with  the worst hi tter in baseball totally polluting the lineup.  Let me just say Marrero is the crappiest looking hitter I have ever seen.  Yes, he is that pathetic.  He should be sent down or released, not playing  third base, an offensive position.  What the #$%& is Dombrowski waiting for?  Is he really under Prune Face's orders that Sandoval must play when he can?   Pure crap/