GAME #53, BOSTON RED SOX AT BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by Bear, June 01, 2017, 04:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 02, 2017, 07:13:26 AM
  Another mysterious "fall" by E-rod. Seems to happen every year, keep your eye on this one !!

What mysterious fall? Last 44 innings he only gave up 11 er .Even the great Kershaw stumbles every now and then. 1bad outing doesn`t say the bottom is falling out. This 1 game fall as you say means as much as if he through a perfect game .Not much.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on June 02, 2017, 08:07:21 AM
  Another mysterious "fall" by E-rod. Seems to happen every year, keep your eye on this one !!

What mysterious fall? Last 44 innings he only gave up 11 er .Even the great Kershaw stumbles every now and then. 1bad outing doesn`t say the bottom is falling out. This 1 game fall as you say means as much as if he through a perfect game .Not much.
  What fall ?  You ask what fall ??  I am talking about the fall in the bullpen during pregame warm ups ???  Seems like every year there is a fall for E-rod, unless it could be vertigo ?? rofl

longgame

I didn't watch the last couple of innings so was surprised at the final score.  The O's continually do two things - hit the long ball as well as anyone, especially against the Sox; and play every game against the Sox like it's do or die (which is funny because they seem to always get schooled by the Yankees).  The Sox are once again trying to figure out how to manage their up and down bats, secondary backup infielders and injured veterans.  The three veterans on the team - Ramirez, Pedroia and Sandoval are out or injured.  If Benitendi hits, JBJ doesn't and vice versa.  They can't rely on the guys who were backup to the utility infielder to play half of the infield and nobody seems to know what Hanley Ramirez is supposed to do -take huge cuts and try to hit it out all the time, or try to get on base.  Then they're stuck working around Sandoval who may be ready to DH but Hanley has that job.  The pitching needs to remain stable (no pun intended toward E-Rod who has trouble standing up at times.)  I wonder if he's just a klutz or what?

Rob from Mass

Quote from: longgame on June 02, 2017, 11:22:40 AM
I didn't watch the last couple of innings so was surprised at the final score.  The O's continually do two things - hit the long ball as well as anyone, especially against the Sox; and play every game against the Sox like it's do or die (which is funny because they seem to always get schooled by the Yankees).  The Sox are once again trying to figure out how to manage their up and down bats, secondary backup infielders and injured veterans.  The three veterans on the team - Ramirez, Pedroia and Sandoval are out or injured.  If Benitendi hits, JBJ doesn't and vice versa.  They can't rely on the guys who were backup to the utility infielder to play half of the infield and nobody seems to know what Hanley Ramirez is supposed to do -take huge cuts and try to hit it out all the time, or try to get on base.  Then they're stuck working around Sandoval who may be ready to DH but Hanley has that job.  The pitching needs to remain stable (no pun intended toward E-Rod who has trouble standing up at times.)  I wonder if he's just a klutz or what?

Probably just injury prone like Pedey .Of course the way Pedey goes 100% every play its a wonder he has lasted this long.

Rob from Mass

From Twitter....................E Rod injury: Boston Red Sox pitcher to DL with knee issue after bullpen slip.
As I said the guy is simply injury prone.

Bill-806

Quote from: Bill-806 on June 02, 2017, 09:21:30 AM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on June 02, 2017, 08:07:21 AM

What fall ?  You ask what fall ??  I am talking about the fall in the bullpen during pregame warm ups ???  Seems like every year there is a fall for E-rod, unless it could be vertigo ?? rofl
  TEN day  D L with a twisted knee !!!  Every year !! rofl

Rob from Mass

I know you never check for Sox news so my post was a Bingo Billy special.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on June 02, 2017, 03:44:10 PM
I know you never check for Sox news so my post was a Bingo Billy special.
Actually, I usually get all my info from WEEI ......