GAME #40, BOSTON RED SOX AT OAKLAND A'S

Started by Bear, May 18, 2017, 04:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

Thanks, Hector.  6 runs thru 4.  More coming... ::)
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

I hate West Coast games. 5th inning and I need to get to bed. Not looking promising here anyway.

SeaBeachFred

I live on the West Coast and I'm turning in at 9:15 WC Time because I have seen enough of horse shit Valesquez, another bum we signed to pitch for us when one of our starters went down.  He ought to go back to the Mexican League and stay there and maybe give up pitching and go into the cattle business because he is just a crappy pitcher.  What a POS---right in line with cauliflower ears Wells or that other crappy lefty we have at Pawtucket.  Well the O's and Yanks lost so we won't lose any more ground but we didn't gain anything either-----and even though the game is not over, it is over if you get my drift.  All the good cheer the past two nights went down the crapper like the shitty pitcher Valesquez.  Nice going Hecter, you bum!!!!!!!!

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

How do you ONLY score 3 runs against the A's ??? thumb_d

Schloicka

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 18, 2017, 11:24:36 PM
I live on the West Coast and I'm turning in at 9:15 WC Time because I have seen enough of horse shit Valesquez, another bum we signed to pitch for us when one of our starters went down.  He ought to go back to the Mexican League and stay there and maybe give up pitching and go into the cattle business because he is just a crappy pitcher.  What a POS---right in line with cauliflower ears Wells or that other crappy lefty we have at Pawtucket.  Well the O's and Yanks lost so we won't lose any more ground but we didn't gain anything either-----and even though the game is not over, it is over if you get my drift.  All the good cheer the past two nights went down the crapper like the shitty pitcher Valesquez.  Nice going Hecter, you bum!!!!!!!!

What a ridiculous post. Berating a player because he had a bad start in is first MLB game. You call him shitty and a POS. He may never be a quality MLB pitcher but he went out and I assume was trying to do his best. That's all anyone can ask for. Did it work out? NO. But there is no need call a player names because you feel it's your right to do so while hiding behind your keyboard. You pretty much claim to be an expert in baseball but you wouldn't know it by your posts. You enjoy when the team is doing poorly because then you can make disparaging posts about the owner, GM, manager or whatever player you want to rag on at the time. You'd rather have the team do bad so you can complain because whenever they've done well you don't say to much.

Bill-806

Quote from: Schloicka on May 19, 2017, 01:31:50 PM

What a ridiculous post. Berating a player because he had a bad start in is first MLB game. You call him shitty and a POS. He may never be a quality MLB pitcher but he went out and I assume was trying to do his best. That's all anyone can ask for. Did it work out? NO. But there is no need call a player names because you feel it's your right to do so while hiding behind your keyboard. You pretty much claim to be an expert in baseball but you wouldn't know it by your posts. You enjoy when the team is doing poorly because then you can make disparaging posts about the owner, GM, manager or whatever player you want to rag on at the time. You'd rather have the team do bad so you can complain because whenever they've done well you don't say to much.
May I add my  2 cents here ??   In sports, it goes back to our youth that if one has played the game at any level ( little league, pony, babe ruth, high school and beyond ) then as spectators we have become entitled to make our OPINIONS heard  as we definitely no more about ALL SPORTS than the coaches, G M, and owners......  That's why they sell the tickets... Add in Al Gores INTERNET and we all now have the entitlement to be smarter than the writers, analysts, broadcasters.......  Sports actually need to appoint "special reporters" to keep the fans low key & certainly  P C .... There, I said it & stand by what I said !!!! thumb_u 

Bill-806

After last night, now I know that I could be a manager or G M ........

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on May 19, 2017, 01:31:50 PM

Speaking of ridiculous posts you ought to hide your face in shame by  muttering such idiotic nonsense.  Only self-serving pollyannas and apologists and flunkies would utter such crap.  YOU ENJOY THE TEAM LOSING BECAUSE YOU THEN YOU CAN HAMMER THE TEAM.  What moronic tripe George.  YOU'D RATHER HAVE THE TEAM LOSE SO YOU CAN COMPLAIN.  I mean how ridiculous can you get???????  I WANT TO SEE THE RED SOX LOSE???????  Are you nuts?????  As for Velasquez, maybe you didn't follow ST because whenever he pitched for us down in Florida he got hammered every time out, and all this nonsense about  trying to do his best.  Well he didn't do anything but surrender three runs after we got him two to start the game.  That's crappy pitching by a crappy pitcher who didn't do the job and it resulted in another loss even though he had company from his shitty support he got for his listless teammates.  The only thing you got right is that he may never be a quality pitcher... Right, he won't....and the name of the game is winning PERIOD!!!!!! and right now we are doing a shit hole job of doing that.

Moreover, I don't claim to be an expert but it doesn't take one to know that this team is fast descending into a disgraceful debacle of a team, and until they start winning on a consistent basis, which is what all the so-called "experts" claimed they would do, I'll keep writing about what I'm seeing when I watch this now sad and sorry excuse for a team.  Or maybe what you're seeing is something I'm not.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 20, 2017, 06:50:23 AM

Bill--I didn't get the full comport of what you were trying to say in your last post, but if you can't see that this team is one disgraceful mass of goo, then you might consider joining George on his Yellow Brick Road.  Our team right now stinks.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 20, 2017, 10:08:29 AM

Bill--I didn't get the full comport of what you were trying to say in your last post, but if you can't see that this team is one disgraceful mass of goo, then you might consider joining George on his Yellow Brick Road.  Our team right now stinks.
CONCUR......  Just saying that "we all know just as much as the experts" that run & manage these teams...... IE: How many of us knew that the Celtics are not built to compete with the Cav's/L B J & mates.....  But it is fun  dissecting each game each day here on the board !! thumb_u

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 20, 2017, 10:27:01 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 20, 2017, 10:08:29 AM

CONCUR......  Just saying that "we all know just as much as the experts" that run & manage these teams...... IE: How many of us knew that the Celtics are not built to compete with the Cav's/L B J & mates.....  But it is fun  dissecting each game each day here on the board !! thumb_u

Boy, I must have some talent on the personality front.  I can get along with both you and Rob while you two go at it.  Sorry about that too.  Right now all of us here should be pulling together because I know just by how I feel that we must all be suffering at what we're seeing, and to have to depend on Poopie Pants Pomeranz to get us  win so we can start another one or two game winning streak is a frightening thought even though he does owe himself, the team and us fans some reward for his previous miserable performances   Well, maybe this will change and right now that's the best I can do in the matter of optimism at the way we've been playing

I will say this, though.  IF WE GET SWEPT IN OAKLAND AND FARRELL IS STILL THE MANAGER ON MONDAY YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE FIX IS IN, THAT DOMBROWSKI'S POWER HAS BEEN EMASCULATED AND THAT FARRELL WILL N EVER GET FIRED AND THE SEASON IS DONE AND GONE.