GAME #26, BALTIMORE ORIOLES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 02, 2017, 02:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on May 03, 2017, 10:24:45 AM
Quote from: markj on May 03, 2017, 09:35:14 AM
Quote from: longgame on May 03, 2017, 08:14:09 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on May 02, 2017, 08:45:41 PM
JBJ should have been running Moreland also should have been running to third after he saw the ball was not caught.  Sox won but there are still too many dumb ass plays from a team that is very sloppy and not playing sound baseball.

I thought this was dismissed too easily last night by all involved.  The runners should have hung near the bag and then taken off to the next base as soon as it was dropped.  I think Bradley was out not because he was forced but because he left the field - since Pedroia was on first.  I would think any kid playing ball would know this - regardless of where the ball is, you wait and if not caught you take off for the next base, period.

That still would have resulted in a double play. Force at 2B and then a throw to 3B. But if Bradley had run to first, at least it wouldn't have ended the inning.

If this were my ball club Bradley would be benched after last night's game.
  I long for the days of "Dick Williams" type managers !!!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 03, 2017, 11:39:29 AM
JBJ should have been running Moreland also should have been running to third after he saw the ball was not caught.  Sox won but there are still too many dumb ass plays from a team that is very sloppy and not playing sound baseball.

I thought this was dismissed too easily last night by all involved.  The runners should have hung near the bag and then taken off to the next base as soon as it was dropped.  I think Bradley was out not because he was forced but because he left the field - since Pedroia was on first.  I would think any kid playing ball would know this - regardless of where the ball is, you wait and if not caught you take off for the next base, period.

That still would have resulted in a double play. Force at 2B and then a throw to 3B. But if Bradley had run to first, at least it wouldn't have ended the inning.

We never seem to get them anymore---and don't anyone compare Valentine to Dick Williams.  No comparison.  Williams won pennants and World Series and helped four teams rise from the dregs to contenders.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 03, 2017, 03:28:15 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on May 03, 2017, 11:39:29 AM
  & Valentine won HEARTS  !!!!

We never seem to get them anymore---and don't anyone compare Valentine to Dick Williams.  No comparison.  Williams won pennants and World Series and helped four teams rise from the dregs to contenders.