GAME #14, BOSTON RED SOX AT TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Started by Bear, April 17, 2017, 11:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on April 18, 2017, 06:50:02 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on April 18, 2017, 05:33:03 PM
Not expecting much from Johnson just hoping he somehow can keep it close.

You were right not to expect much.

I'm baffled as to why, when the Sox face a guy who was just called up they can't hit a thing and make the guy look like a stud.  Usually people attribute it to not having any scouting.  What freaking scouting did Toronto have on Johnson that they were teeing off on him like that?  From what I've seen he's got a big fat curve that he leaves in the strike zone.  MLB guys will hit that hard, even a slumping team.

Ted, you know, IPOT know, I know and the rest of the group here knows that Johnson sucks, stinks, shits the bed and I wouldn't be surprised if he is in his shrink's office before the week is out wheezing about his anxiety attacks.  Like Owens, I don't want to see this crud pitching in any more games for us....EVER.  He is no longer a prospect.  He sucks big time.  Fortunately, the offense, save a couple of guys, opened up and got us the hits and runs we needed so it turns out to be a good night.  When the Red Sox win, IT IS ALWAYS A GOOD NIGHT.

Let's hope the bats wake up before they get too far behind.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 18, 2017, 10:03:22 PM
When all is said and done, 4 wins in a row is good. Poor Jays now at 2-11. Pretty shocking for a team that was in contention last year.

It looks like your christening Barnes MEATBALL was not only appropriate but you notice I use it and so do others.  Why?  Two reasons.  1--it's a good nickname, and 2---he is a MEATBALL.  iI know he had a zero ERA before tonight but some of the balls hit off him found gloves.  This is not a guy I want in there when the chips are down and Clueless John had better realize that and not use him in that capacity again.  Still, we won and that's four in a row.  I only wish we use this as a springboard into a terrific April.

ipot

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 18, 2017, 10:49:17 PM
Quote from: ipot on April 18, 2017, 06:41:38 PM
We're gonna have to hammer out like 8 runs to win this.....

You called it my friend.  We needed eight runs, so you said and that's what it took.  Of course, if the meatball wasn't pitching the ninth inning it might have ended sooner, but it is great to go on the road and win the opening game of a road trip.  We need to keep this up.  We made it a close game but we have won the close ones so far, haven't we IPOT.

Once we get our starting rotation into a groove I really think we're going to really get on a run, Fred.  The hitting is coming around.  Betts had a great past few games.  Moreland is a great surprise.  Bogaerts improving by the day.  Benintendi is hitting like a 5th year All-Star.  Hanley is happy at DH.  Even Panda had a good game today 3 for 4.

Some bizarre stats: the Sox offense leads the MLB (#1) in Team BA, OBP, HITS, and #7 in RUNS.  But we are dead last (#32) with only 7 HRs.  These weird numbers show up early in the season.  Imagine when the power comes!  It'll make Papi proud  thumb_u
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Rob from Mass

4 straight and we actually seen a HR.Moreland has been fantastic playing 1st and his bat is a huge lift to the offense and clutch also. 1st hic cup for Barnes who has been excellent up to last night.No way was Kimbrel coming in so Barnes was the logical choice for JF.I would like more HR but I saw this coming.Mookie is not going to be a 30 plus HR but each year.

Bill-806