GAME 2, PIRATES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 04, 2017, 01:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Yep, no excuse for that one. 2nd game, 2nd error. He'll only have 162 this season if he keeps this up.

longgame

Sale great.  Kimbrel shaky.  Again.

markj

Leesam01

markj

Yep, very pretty. He did that earlier but was late to first by inches.

markj

Getting late at the park. The drunks are getting louder.

markj

Egad. Somebody end this game already.

Leesam01

markj

Finally!!! Sandy Leon goes deep for the walkoff. He's still hitting well.

Killer pitching by both sides.

Rob from Mass

Sandy the man with 3 hits and the game-winning bomb. Gotta love the guy's offense and his defense is damn good also.

Schloicka

Was a great game to watch with the pitching and defense by both sides overall. Nice to see the Sox win this one.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on April 05, 2017, 10:11:21 PM
Was a great game to watch with the pitching and defense by both sides overall. Nice to see the Sox win this one.

I'm not so sure it was a great to watch George since I was biting my nails and hearing my stomach rumble inning to inning.  What I was thinking about was 2014 when we got swept in the home opener series vs the Brewers and never recovered.  I thought back to that and said, OH NO, NOT ANOTHER LOSS AT HOME IN EXTRA INNINGS LIKE '14.  But where you'r e right was that our pitching was superb from Sale's seven inning gem  through the relief corps---and we got that walk off.  Great way to end the game.  As soon as Sandy unloaded I knew the game was over.  That ball was either going to hit the Greenie or go out and it went way out.  My only wish is that we hit better tomorrow but 2-0 sounds good to me.  The only wart IMHO was Sandoval making his second error in as many games.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Leesam01 on April 05, 2017, 10:04:57 PM
Yes!!!!!!

Leesam-about time you return to this board.  You had me worried that you had fled the scene.  I was nervous but it sure feels good now.  Great pitching tonight.  Can be turn the hat trick tomorrow?  If we can  that would be a dandy.

Leesam01

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 05, 2017, 10:20:16 PM
Quote from: Leesam01 on April 05, 2017, 10:04:57 PM
Yes!!!!!!

Leesam-about time you return to this board.  You had me worried that you had fled the scene.  I was nervous but it sure feels good now.  Great pitching tonight.  Can be turn the hat trick tomorrow?  If we can  that would be a dandy.

I'm still managing to survive!

Wasn't able to catch the game til the 7th inning (which was probably a good thing ...), watching all those "0"'s stack up on the box score. But it was a great ending. Strong pitching. Good start to the season.

ipot

Darn it.  I had taped the game on the DVR and the 4 hr recording time ran out literally 5 pitches before Leon's HR.  Ugh!

Great opener by Sale.  And, heck, maybe Leon will get on a hot streak like he did for most of last season.  I won't discount his bat.  Chili Davis has worked some wonders with these hitters. 
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee