GAME #121, NEW YORK YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, August 17, 2017, 05:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

Quote from: Bear on August 19, 2017, 09:07:39 AM
Happy we won Friday night; hoping for another "W" on Saturday.
Sunday, goodness we have not decided who is going to pitch; between
Porcello/Fister.
I wonder how Johnson is doing in the minors.... iono

Hearing that it will be Porcello.

Rob from Mass

My Daughter called me last night and mentioned that the HR off Barnes was his 1st since May 7 a span of 43 games. His 4th of the season.

longgame

The good news here is they did have a breakdown in pitching yet still won the game.  Once Pomeranz came out you sort of knew it would be an adventure stringing together that much of the bullpen.

Two absolutely great things last night - giving up a four run inning but coming right back and putting up four more and the performance by Reed and Kimbrel to finish them off. 

Chapman looks terrible.  This is a great chance to really stick it to the Yankees over the next two games.

ipot

Quote from: ojdidit on August 19, 2017, 07:59:37 AM
Our bullpen sucked, but theirs sucked more.  Giaridi continues to get hammered on posting boards for his continued use of Chapman in key situations.

Chapman is totally burnt out.  They have a problem there.  A good thing for us, but I got a feeling we won't see him in any game situations unless they have 0 choice.

We need to get Joe Kelly fixed.  He's looked outmatched against the NYY.  Happy that Reed figured it out just in time...
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on August 19, 2017, 03:07:13 AM
The antidote to Barnes/Kelly/Hembree is Green/Kahnle/Chapman.  Worked out OK.  thumb_u 

I had to watch the comeback through a window of a restaurant on the Santa Monica Pier; i sent my guests to the amusements.

Man, how long have you been in California IPOT?  I thought you were to get in touch with me if you came West.  Let me know where you're hanging your hat.  We can touch base and maybe show you my beloved Red Sox room.  17 years ago today I became a Red Sox fan.  I would like to commemorate that with a nice win for our team tonight.