GAME #120, ST LOUIS CARDINALS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, August 16, 2017, 01:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Finally got my computer working with the flash drive working and saw most of the game and was fortunate to tune in AFTER the Cardinals got four in the second. We need all the wins we can get and to hold our ground with that rally was a nice way to win the game.  Two dramatic wins for two of our last three wins is nice, and it would be nicer if we could find a way to get Fister out of the rotation once and for all.  He is almost our designated LOSER.  If only the damn Mets could beat the Yankees just once.  They have one more chance tomorrow but let's all of us hope for the best but not hold our breath either.  Still, it would be nice to pick up a little more ground without having to throw a ball of swing a bat.

ipot

Well, 9 walk off Ws is good for the thrills.  But, the flippin Mets are doing us zero favors.  As Fred said, go Mets and win one tomorrow....
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

All ABOARD !!!!!   "Victory goes to those who want it the most, believe the longest" !!! thumb_u rofl

MongoLikeSox

Remember when Steinbrenner bitched and moaned every year about how unfair it was that they had to fac the mets as an interleague rival every year? How times change.

The time out call was still done before that statue started pitching. I'm not sure what Molina was griping about so intently.

Doesn't it seem like the umps are hating their jobs these days? The players are openlu bitching about everything remotely close. Does not seem very healthy, for lack of a better word.   

ojdidit

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 17, 2017, 05:50:43 AM
Remember when Steinbrenner bitched and moaned every year about how unfair it was that they had to fac the mets as an interleague rival every year? How times change.

The time out call was still done before that statue started pitching. I'm not sure what Molina was griping about so intently.

Doesn't it seem like the umps are hating their jobs these days? The players are openlu bitching about everything remotely close. Does not seem very healthy, for lack of a better word.

In baseball the level of technology can make umpires as relevent as a ref in the ring at a WWE match. In this instance the ump was correct and more are needed to get the game rolling.

Rob from Mass

What a great game to be at watching the 67 greats  Yaz  Reggie  Rico and others. XB with his last row HR into the Monster seats and Mookies wall ball walk-off.   Seeing JBJ flying around 3rd my 1st thought was WHAT THE ... are you doing .When Molina couldn`t hold onto to the throw that had beat him to the plate the crowd's roar was deafening.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on August 17, 2017, 07:57:41 AM
What a great game to be at watching the 67 greats  Yaz  Reggie  Rico and others. XB with his last row HR into the Monster seats and Mookies wall ball walk-off.   Seeing JBJ flying around 3rd my 1st thought was WHAT THE ... are you doing .When Molina couldn`t hold onto to the throw that had beat him to the plate the crowd's roar was deafening.
You saw a great game... The SOX are fun to watch again & we are starting to run STREAKS (W's) together to eat up the schedule.  GO SOX !!! thumb_u rofl

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 17, 2017, 05:50:43 AM

I was thinking the same.  But we swept the Cards so it's not like the NL has done the rest of the AL any favors in terms of beating anyone.

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

I got inspired and watched the "Impossible Dream Season" that I recorded a couple of weeks ago.  Hard to see now how pathetic the team was up to that time for almost two decades and how so few came to the ballpark.  BTW, Saturday is an anniversary of sorts for me because it was on August 19th, 2000, that I became a Red Sox fan.  I hope to have a good day Saturday and that can happen if the Red Sox beat the Yankees that evening.

ojdidit

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 17, 2017, 09:56:31 PM

I got inspired and watched the "Impossible Dream Season" that I recorded a couple of weeks ago.  Hard to see now how pathetic the team was up to that time for almost two decades and how so few came to the ballpark.  BTW, Saturday is an anniversary of sorts for me because it was on August 19th, 2000, that I became a Red Sox fan.  I hope to have a good day Saturday and that can happen if the Red Sox beat the Yankees that evening.

1967 was an example of having patience with young players.  Yaz was 27-years-old and the oldest position player. The team was loaded with young talent.

Bill-806

Quote from: ojdidit on August 18, 2017, 07:50:01 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 17, 2017, 09:56:31 PM

1967 was an example of having patience with young players.  Yaz was 27-years-old and the oldest position player. The team was loaded with young talent.
Yes & DEE DEE ...... It was the beginning of a new  era that the "baby boomers" have ran with since !!  Too bad that many of the "greatest generation" did not see the  04,07,13 W S's ..... thumb_u rofl