GAME #120, ST LOUIS CARDINALS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, August 16, 2017, 01:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Men on 1st and 3rd and one out. You know the GIDP was coming. Why can't these bozos lift the ball? Just once in a while would be nice.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on August 16, 2017, 08:33:16 PM
Men on 1st and 3rd and one out. You know the GIDP was coming. Why cant these bozos lift the ball? Just once in a while would be nice.

Would of been great if Vaz hadn't swung at ball 4 the pitch before the DP. Ball was well inside and fouled it off himself.

markj

markj

markj

Wow, XB finally finds a bit of power. Well over the monster. Still need one more to tie it.

MongoLikeSox

That was as much of a wall scaper as you get over the Mahnstah!

markj

markj

markj

Betts wins it with a walkoff. How about that.

markj

The damn Yankees won again, so no ground gained.

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on August 16, 2017, 09:48:30 PM
Betts wins it with a walkoff. How about that.

Had a little luck at the end that Molina didn't pick that ball at the plate but would of gone extra's if needed. The pen did a nice job. Kimbrel with the win. The never give up Sox. On to Friday.

Schloicka

Wish E-Rod would figure out how to go longer in the game. 5.1 innings tonight and only 6 the other night. Around 98 pitches tonight and 107 the other night. Way to many pitches for the innings thrown.

BoSoxFanNY

WOW!
Sox scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th inning
to come back and WIN 5 - 4!!

Season high 18 games over .500

longgame

Very nice win tonight!  It was big to keep that cushion over NY, we don't want them getting any ideas coming into town this weekend.  I also like that this is becoming a trend which it was in past winning teams.  Never out of a game.

I was a little unsure pulling Vazquez for two reasons - you knew they'd bring in the righty and Vaz is hitting .367 or something at home - but he was also a DP risk, and hey, it worked out!  Glad to see Betts come through with a big hit, if he and Bogey come up big that's a big lift to this team. 

That reliever from St. Louis won't do well with the pitch clock next year!

markj

Quote from: longgame on August 16, 2017, 10:54:59 PM

That reliever from St. Louis won't do well with the pitch clock next year!

Seriously. On that disputed timeout, I thought I was looking at an oil painting.